big toe joint
For years I have had a stabbing pain in the joint of my left big toe.  I get it every other day and it lasts for 8 to 10 hours at a time.  No doctor can find any answers as to why they just give me medicines that don't help.  I have had just about every test except MRI and my insurance won't pay it and I can't afford that.  The pain is in the joint closest to the foot area.  Does anyone have any answers?
have they checked your uric acid levels?  If it is high, it could be gout.
Have you been tested for Gout? A build up of uric acid crystals collect in the joints especially of the toe. Very painful, could be swollen also. If you eat a lot of protein the acid will build up. Could be Arthritis or other joint disorder. Have you tried a podiatrist(foot doctor)?
it could be a bunion they can cause pain in the joint of the toe. i have them on my big toes minor ones from my toes dislocating sometimes over the years. mine dont really hurt but according to my foot doc they can cause pain. over the age of 30 the pain is more common
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.