bloating, indigestion and nausea after eating most foods
I am 25. I have been having bloating, indigestion, and nausea following meals almost ever day for more than a year. I have seen 2 gastroenterologists who ran a series of tests, basically everything but a colonoscopy (since I have not had bowel trouble). All tests have come back normal. I had a gall bladder ultrasound, and 2 hida scans, and spoke to a surgeon about having my gall bladder. The test results were again, normal, and the surgeon did not want to take out my gall bladder based on the results. I also saw an endocrinologist (thyroid screening). Then I saw an alternative medicine doctor (tried digestive enzymes), allergist (he ran allergy tests-I had no allergies), and an OBGYN. The drs are baffled-my test results keep coming back normal, yet my symptoms persist. My symptoms came about when I became pregnant with my fist child in Jan 05 and they did not go away after she was born. I feel sick to my stomach after eating most foods. Specifically meats, vegetables, fruit, spicy, fried and fatty foods, dairy, meals with lots of ingredients (these are all things I had no problem eating before I was pregnant). While I was pregnant the dr prescribed me reglan, which did nothing. After eating most normal sized meals, I feel very sick-like I over ate-I feel like the food is not breaking down-the feeling is right under my ribs. I feel very sick and nauseous for a very long time-or eventually throw up. Simple starches and sugars like waffles, toast, crackers etc. are the only things that don't make me sick. Any advice? I have no advocate pointing me where to go next.
Have you been tested for divaticulitis (sp) certain foods such as starch/nuts aggravate your stomach when eaten, also certain grains.. or had an upper GI series? prescribed any med's for acid reflux? ask your doctor, maybe he can give you some med's to help! much luck to ya...
Thanks for the advice! I do not think I was specifically tested for diverticulosis and diverticulitis. However I was tested for celiac disease which involves a gluten intolerance. That test was normal. The strange thing is that starches are not the big problem, its everything else! I did have an upper GI which came back normal.
Hey ita me giddychic-----I hav e had a problem such as yours and my doctors put me in  the hospital and ran a test on me for a sure fire answer if it was my gall bladder acting up--------I do not know the name of the test but it really works.........
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.