Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
blood in saliva

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

blood in saliva

I have recently been experiencing the taste of blood in my mouth.  When I spit out, I am seeing traces of blood.  I had chest x-rays that came out clear.  I saw an ear nose throat doctor who checked my nose and throat and saw nothing except excess mucous.  He prescribed a nasal spray for me.  I have been using it for about two weeks now, and am still seeing and tasting the blood.  I am also experiencing some pressure in my throat.  Any suggestions on who to see or what could be going on?
Hey marty, I was originally going to suggest it could possibly be an ulser in your stomach as this would cause bleeding of the stomach and blood would come up to the mouth, but I'd also say that it could possibly be an infection of some kind that is making the lining of your throat and nose get dry or irritated and bleed but then they are trying to help this out by producing excess mucous, do you smoke?  Or do you work in an environment where theres harmful materials like sawdust, or carbon fiber?  Also it could be that it has something to do with your lungs, hope this helps.  Your doctor shouldn't just be checking your mouth and throat I'm not a doctor and I know theres a lot more places blood could be coming from.
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I am an occassional smoker.  If it were a stomach ulcer, wouldn't I be experiencing other symptoms?  The ENT doctor said to give it two more weeks on the nasal spray.  If it doesn't get better, I think he was going to send me for a cat scan or GI doctor.
MY UNCLE HAD SOMETHING LIKE THAT IT WAS A SINIUS INFECTION AND IF UNDETECATED COULD RESULT IN DEATH THEIR IS ANTIBIOTICS THAT HE TOOK AND IT WAS CLEARED UP.
Marty11, I have the same problem now. I saw my Primary Doc and my chest x-ray came out normal. I'm going to see an ear, nose throat doc soon. I'ts annoying and very uncomfortable. Kindly update us if they're able to find out the source of the blood okay?
Thanks.
I also am having blood in my spit.  I've been to an ENT, a gastroentorologist, and my primary care.  I've been scoped every which way.  No sinus bleeding, no stomach or ulcer bleeding, clean chest xray and semi clean CT scan.  The CT scan came back with enlarged nasal walls, which are symptomatic of a person with constant allergies and sinus problems, which is me.  The ENT put me on a nasal spray as well, to hopefully reduce that and I'm going for another CT scan in 6 weeks.  If the walls have enlarged, then we are going to biopsy it as it may result in a tumor.  If it is the same or reduced, it'll show that it is nothing more than an irriation.  Either way, the blood is most likely not coming from there.  It happens to me before I go to bed and when I wake up, and usually happens every 3 weeks or so.  I've made an appointment to see my dentist next week.  I don't think it is, although I hope its just my gums.  Everything else has nearly been ruled out, and it is becoming freakish.
Could be coming directly from you salivary glands. It's possible to have an infection there. Might see a denist. Also if it's your gums this could be a sign that you have a b12 deficiency. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
Hi guys - I've had traces of blood in saliva over the years on & off for about 4 years.
Just recently ( last week ) really pronounced - not just traces but discolouring when I spit. Also is the worrying dull vague pain left hand side, behind last rib - feels like something not right. Been there a couple years but co-incided with escalation of blood traces. I am worried !!!
I have the same problem. If you do the hard tooth brushing in the morning in all the places, It stopped the blood from Saliva. But hard brushing you should do only few minutes otherwise enamal will go away which cause tooth sensitivity. Hope this helps.
hi donny what happen to your visit to your dentist?what was the result?
I know this is an old post so I'm not sure if anyone found out what this is or not. I also am having this problem. My doctor sent me to a gastric doctor who said I was in the wrong place as blood will not come up unless you are throwing up. He suggested the ear/nose/throat dr. I had an appointment I had to cancel and I thought it had gone away til today when it happened twice. It was only happening at night I would wake up with that taste and spit. Now it's coming during the day. I do not smoke or have allergies. I do feel something is not right in my throat area. I get this hard awful cramp under my chin when I yawn that is coming more and more. I also check any area around my teeth to see if that is what it is and it's not. It is starting to scare me too!! My throat never seems sore and my nasal passage never seems stuffed up at all...strange. I'm over 50 when all this good stuff starts happening darn it!!
I don't think anyone will respond to these posts anymore, hopefully someone else does besides you and me. It just so happened that I came accross your post, I was checking if anyone else had the same problem as I'm having and looks like I'm not alone. I had the same problem too, I'd have the taste of blood in my mouth in the mornings but it has stopped. But now I have it during the day, not all the time though, it is very sporadic, it's a sudden rush of blood in the mouth and when I spit there's traces of blood in the saliva. Good luck with your ENT, let us know how it goes. I haven't seen a doctor yet, I've been having this problem over a year now. Eventually, I will see one.
hi. i am just now experiencing this problem with my 13 year old son. he is a hypocondriac about himself so it makes things so much more intense. he also for the last 3 night has had traces of blood, both bright red and a brownish red, in his saliva. he also complains of sore achy legs and a sore throat at times. i am giving it one more night to see if this happens again and if so i will take him to the doctor right away. if you guys find out more about your same symptoms let me know, i too will keep you updated. good luck all.
does anyone found the problem? I am at 18 and I have the same problem. I don't smoke cigarettes. I see blood in my saliva. I am very worried. Please if anyone know what is it to post comment here. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!
Bright red blood commonly seen after eating or brushing is due to Vitamin C deficiency. If you take the supplements, it will help. Also maintain good oral hygiene. Another cause can be pyorrhea or infection of gums.
If the blood is dark then it could be due to gastric reflux.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor or dentist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

dear doctornee medical,
Thank you for your reply. I saw the blood for first time on 30th may this year. I see the blood just 1-2 times daily, but not everyday. Suddenly I sense a taste of blood in my mouth. Often it happens when I bow down. The blood is bright. I feel my throat dry. I went to doctor before 1 month and I told him everything and he gave me an antibiotic (spray for throat) named Bioparox. I used it 10 days, and then 3 weeks I didn't feel taste of blood and I dind't notice a blood in my saliva, but now it's happening again. I think it might be gastritis, but I am not noticing any strange feelings, pains, or whatever else strange. I am hearing for Vitamin C deficiency for first time from you, but you might be right, because really I eat mostly things from the shop, I mean biscuits, wafers and so on, but I don't eat fruits and vegetables. And I have noticed before a strange colour of my saliva (I think it was a little dark), but now it's OK. Now my saliva is clearly white (except when it's mixed with blood). I think to go to dentist, but I sense that the blood is coming from my throat, or maybe I mistake, because I heard from others that frequently it's unnoticeable when it comes from dums. Today I looked my teeth in the mirror and I saw that I have caries in 2 of my teeth and I know that I have 3 teeth that are growing from my dums. After all, sorry for my bad english.
See you.
Greetings to all..

I have the same problem. I see blood traces in my saliva only in the morning when i wake up from sleep. Now its over 4 years! (Not every morning but atleast thrice in a week. I visited all the possible clinics. my doctor said three years ago that I have Eosinophilia with increased number of Eosinophils. Gave some medication but never helped! one of the other doctors suggested that it may possibly lead to Tumour. God knows! no change in it from last 4 yrs. guys if somebody know some thing more about it. please lemme know..

Sorry I forgot to write, I never smoke neither drink! and I am 23 yrs old!

Take care guys!!
Mak :-))

I am from Bulgaria. I tried to find anything about the blood in saliva in Bulgarian sites through google, but found just 1 forum with just 1 man with same problem, and nobody was knowing the cause. Then I looked in google.com in english, but I found just 4-5 web sites like this with this problem. I think there are so few people that suffer from that. Doctors don't know the solution.. Really it's very strange. Maybe it's not something serious, but I can't be calm unless I know what is the problem. Keep in touch.
is it possible to be cancer? :-(
I would invite all of you who experienced this problem of bloody saliva to continue to reporting your sympotom. It will be great if this problem is located.
Hello everybody,

Today, as every day, I saw blood in my saliva, and this time there was something strange. I saw something deep red coming with the blood, like a part of something. It was very thin, like a thin paper, and with a size of a little crumb. I think to go to doctor soon :(
Hello, guys.
I experienced how to reduce/remove the blood. 2 nights I inhale steam from boiling water with soda. I do it about 10 minutes. The next day I did not experienced blood in my saliva, just felt 2 times a taste of blood, but when I spitted out, the saliva was white. Today I saw a little blood (too bright) in my saliva, but just once. I heard that its better water + chestnuts and to inhale the steam from the water. I am going to try it tomorrow. From 3 days I feel some weak pain in my stomach from time to time, last night I woke up at 4 a.m. and for about 10 minutes I felt the pain. But suddenly disappeared. It happened when the temeperatures felt down too fast. Is it possible to be chill.

Good night
and I forgot to tell you that I agree with ray74, it's most likely to be sinusitis.
i have the same problem. have had it for 4 years. have seen 3 doctors(general practitioners), ENT specialists, dentists and even tried alternative medicine( herbal medicine) and i still have it. the discoloration seems to be worsening. I haven't seen a doctor here in the states and will be grateful if someone points me in the right direction.
i am also having this problem for a long time. i am 19/F. i hace a gassy stomach as well. i am too much worried about it like having cancerophobia
Hello everybody. For some reason, from 2 weeks I don't see blood and I don't have taste of blood in my mouth. But today (for 2nd time) I saw something little with the size of dandruff in red colour in my saliva. When I touched it a red colour blended with my saliva I mean when I touched (pressed it) it "decomposed", something like when you dip a brush soaked with red water-colours to a clear water. Any idea?
Suffering from the very same problem for the past few weeks and I am relieved!
I am relieved from the reason that non of you mentioned a terrible cause!
10 days ago I started to goggle with water and Extra strong Dead Sea salt.The blood is nearly gone and I even feel less stressed I never- smoke neither drink!
I had a similar question that I posted in the forum a couple years ago. I would see blood in my saliva in the morning and at night, and it went on for at least a year and half before I got it checked out. I was diagnoised with G.E.R.D( acid reflux disease). Since then I try not to eat big meals and I sleep with my head propped up on pillows when I sleep. Also, I looked up folk remedies for acid reflux and learned about apple cider vinager. I have supplemented ACV into my diet and have not seen blood traces in months, although I still feel symptoms...but I suppose it's something a person has to learn to live with.
maybe you're right. Do you feel a taste of blood from time to time (especially when you bow down or stand up too fast)? I taste it often then.
I have had exact same symptoms as you, im 24/F blood always in my saliva in the mornings and rarely sometimes during the day my throat is really dry in the morning and at night i am always thirsty for this reason and had no luck with doctors since they told me it was allergies but i have no allergies or nasal problems i got an ultrasound done on my throat with nothing wrong, i always check my teeth and gum's in the morning for bleeding but find nothing, now i find clumps of blood clots in my saliva the size of bread crumbs and this has been going on for almost 5yrs i dont know if you or anyone has found the cause of this but I am getting more worried. I have never smoked and rarely drink
Hi all. A doctor made me blood test, and nothing unusual, just my haemoglobin is 138.0 (normal 140-180) and erythrocite 4.44 (normal 4.6-6.2). Everything else seems to be normal. The doctor said that I have a quickened pulse of my heart (I forgot to ask him about the beats per minute). I feel the taste of blood yet, especially when I stand up.
and sometimes I feel pain in my stomach. Any ideas?
I realized that my bloody saliva is due to the mouth bleeding. It is however not from my gum accrding to my dentist. So now I am trying to understand why my mouth is bleeding.
Hello everybody. Is there a doctor here? I feel pain in the left side a little under my navel from time to time. Any suggestions? I think the blood is more than before :( I am really very worried.
Hi all,

I've been having the same problems for months now. sometimes even during my normal day my saliva tastes of blood and there will usually be traces of blood. Also, when i go to sleep, when i wake in between i would realise that i have not been swallowing my saliva because it burns the back of my throat and when i spits up what have been gathered there it has traces of blood.

i have not consulted a doctor for this reason because i'm scared of what the results may be.

any thoughts?
better go to doctor, otherwise it can be late. None of us found what is the problem... Very strange.
Edit: "gyms" -> "gums" Sorry for the mistake.
I have been having the same problem for the last 6 months(probabily).it's on and off. my family doctor didn't find any problem with my gum. my dentist didn't find anything wrong either. I took x-ray(chest) and blood test last week and am currently still waiting for the result.

I am 40/M, don't smoke,drink a little, feel healthy.
Im a 30 yr old male - Small concentrated amounts of blood in saliva in AM/PM...(noticed recently)  And not all the time but enough to scare me. The rest of my spit will be clear as a bell, but there will be a spot that appers phlegm-like that is red.
I smoked pretty good in years past (college) and only occasionally now.
I chew sometimes and havent been to a dentist in 10+ yrs but have no cavities and no tooth aches and gums seem fine.
Fear of what the diagnosis will be and lack of insurance has me NOT at the doctor. (real smart, huh?)
I'm banking on the old "time heals all wounds" saying but for this it may not be applicable!
Ive read the whole post... Any new info to share???????
My boyfriend has been suffering the same symptoms as all of you, and just like most of you has had chest xrays, Ct scans of synus which showed alot of congestion. Also had an ENT consult, which drew a blank. He mainly experiences this blood in saliva when he is in the shower when the steam or heat from shower ? loosens the blood.
How ever he is a very heavy snorer. This may also be a cause for this as the nasal vessels are very thin, and this can cause these vessels to burst. So ? if his heavy snoring maybe a cause. Do any of you snore heavilly? And do any of you experience the same thing. Please advise.
Grreat,I'm not alone.I have been having blood in my saliva very sporadically.I finally went to the doctor today and she gave me a blood test.She also told me to make an appointment at the dentist.I will keep you all posted.
I gave up smoking 3 1/2 years ago.
i notice when i stay on the laptop long atleast 15hours aday and then go to sleep i wake up with blood in saliva. i believe its a computer thang with the  radiation because the problem started in the first month of me having my laptop. so look over ur life and see if thats the problem or it could be brontis.
Hey guys i have been reading over your conversations... i have the same prob.. there is blood in my saliva when i spit.. once maybe 2 times a week. I have been Diagnost with GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) Iam wondering if that my prob.. I have been taking nexium for 2 months now.

hey guys i have the same problem too ....it started i started tasting blood n when i spit they will b traces of blood then with in 30 min it would go away.....it happend 3 times that week ...then nutthing till 2days ago i recently had my wisdom theeth take out 2 of them nwayz but its wierd coz nutting happend for the first to days but then the day 3 i started tasting bloold i spit and there it was traces of blood n it hasnt stop since it feels its coming from inside my throuat not y gums .. i also suffer from gastric reflux i dont know what it can be im really worry  how much blood do u have to see before when its like a gastric problem?
It is most likely coming from your gums (gingivitis) or a decaying tooth.
PLEASE, PLEASE, can someone help me, ive spitting up blood for 6 years but doctors cannot find cause. ive had camera twice in my lungs, camera once in noise going  down to throat, camera once into my stoamach  but everything comes  back normal. i get constant chest pains, pains inlower abdomanol, throat tends to feel slightlyl sore, especially after bleeding.any gasy food eg, beans, makes the bleeding worse. ive had every test, every scan but no result, can someone HELP ME.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have been through all kinds of tests and certain food substances make it worse for you, then what you have is probably IBS or some food intolerance. In both the cases all the tests are normal. IBS is managed well with an increase in fiber in diet and avoiding food substances that increase the symptoms. Keep a food diary along with symptoms. This will help you understand which food is causing more problem and you can thus avoid it.  Vit C deficiency, iron and Vit B deficiency too should be looked into. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
thankyou for your reply, ive had iron tests and they are normal. ive taken  several medications from gp for  my ibs,  but that only increases my bleeding.  ive tried changing my diet but it doesnt resolve the problem may be by 20 percent only. could the bleeding be from small bowel. im trying to convince doctors for CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE, is that going in the right direction? If i excercise eg, tredmill,  i spit up lots of blood,chest pains, and instead of feeling better i become worse. the ibs treatment hasnt worked.
All I can tell you, it's from your gums. I had the same problem before, and I went to a dentist, he gave me a special toothpaste and a liquid for my  gums. For 3 days it worked. Now I stopped this and in  the mornings I see very little blood. But I will buy these things again and everything will be OK. So don't worry :)
hi guys,

im so glad i read all your comments, i feel a bit relieved! I started spititing up blood about 2 months ago! I would feel the need to spit at least 10 times a day...twice of that would be blood with saliva. The ENT gave me antibiotics cause he said its probably a broken vessel in my nose and it goes into my throat rather than through my nose and thats why im spitting. when i got off the antibiotics it started again. Its such a horrible feeling. i would sit and watch tv and i feel a metallic taste in my mouth and i spit up blood. not only when I eat. in general. i have been to 3 ENTs they say everything is clear. i have had CT scans on my throat and mouth and chest everything is clear. No doctor can give me an answer - and it scares me. last week they cauterised my left nostril cause they saw a broken vein. but now im spitting dark old blood. my throat has been very sore for over 2 weeks and no matter what i take for it the pain wont go away. i hardly have any saliva now - my mouth is constantly dry throughout the day. i dont know who to turn to or what to do. awful feeling..
I too have been experincing the same problem for past 6 months. It is not my gums or teeth. Never in the morning or after brushing teeth. Usually starts about mid morning and then on and off all day. I've had chest x-ray, CT scan and been to an ear/nose/throat specialist who after initial examination of nasal pasages an throat now has me going in for rigid oesophagusoscopy/microlongngoscopy trackeoscopy (or that what I think the doctor wrote - just know he putting something down my throat as far it can go). When I get bleeding, the lower part of my throat goes tight and feels rough and I tend to experience mild pain just below rib-cage. I've put it down to stress, or maybe a stomach ulcer. I do have swollen stomach, but probably I have been over eating (although I didn't think so). I guess I'll find out soon enough, but I don't think anything to worry about. Maybe I drink too much expresso coffee.
Pls Help me.. i m 27 male. I m not a smoker or drinker...Every morning when i wake up and spit into the sink, there is blood in my saliva. Do you know the cause of this ?
The same sometimes happens to me, it feels like my gums are bleeding and the metal taste in the mouth I already got used to that.

Sometimes when I clean my teeth the toothbrush is all light red due to blood.

I'm a smoker, half a pack a day.
Drink rarely, do not use any medicines or drugs. Take vitamins every other month Centrum for men (not Vitamin deficiency). Overall health condition is good, practice sports - biking long distance a few times a week, rock climbing , sometimes gym when I have the time.

Currently I'm using a toothpaste to strengthen the gums, occasionally feel stomach pain in the morning after breakfast like something is burning, and a heavy feeling.

Should I be concerned about it? or the blood is due to smoking and the stomach pain is due to a large breakfast?

Hi all
I have been having the same complaints but the only thing different is I can spit clear saliva but when I continue to bring saliva into my mouth it will start to be blood tinged. I can do this any time of the day. Does anyone else have this symptom? Also I have not been to a doctor as it causes me no discomfort however I can't believe that no one has found a cause.
Hi All,

I am experiencing the same problem, however i am bit relaxed after going through all the posts. Some bad thoughts came to mind when i saw blood in my saliva (cancer, ulcer etc etc).

Whenever i take bath in the morning and i spit, i see blood in the saliva, and all day long i get the metallic taste, and throat is much more dry than usual.

I was thinking to go for x ray or some other tests, but now i feel that i should go to the dentist first, as it could be the problem with the gums.

And yes i am a smoker with an average of 5-6 cig a day.

thanks everyone for sharing your experience.

Will keep you posted.

hello,
I am a female , non smoker and have had this for about 1and a half years. Blood in the saliva only in the AM, sometimes at nightbefore I go to sleep had xray, medication for reflux , stoped while I took the stomach medication and know since i finished the treatment the blood is back again, it is true that this is frustrating not knowing what it is next I will do a fibroscopy and see if it is not an ulcer. good luck to all , keep you posted!!
Hello. I had the same problem for the first time on May the previous week. I went to a dentist and he gave me a special toothpaste and some kind of liquid for my gums. The blood disappeared for about 6 months, but now I see it again. I believe it's not from my gums, bevcause I don't have problems with them. Today I saw a lot of clot blood in my saliva. I think I have to go to a doctor ASAP. I am at 18, non smoker and never smoked before. I am really worried about that.
EDIT: "I had the same problem for the first time on May the previous year (2009)"
Finally I have the answer as to why I have blood in my saliva and continually spitting blood....I have an ulcerated hiatus hernia. It took two specialist and two separate day surgery visits. Hope this helps others.
can someone give me an advice, im suffering also from the same illness for almost 4 years, i also have my xray exams but nothing came out... im worried, everyday i spit blood on my saliva... can someone help me please... i have been searching for answers for few years now... im 20 years old..
I have the same symptoms.  Metallic taste, blood in saliva in morning or at night, weird throat feel sometimes (feels like allergies).

It's not B12 (I've been supplementing for weeks with no effect), it's not smoking, it's not a dental problem.

I do snore and drink coffee (those came up from other posters for some reason).  I don't have any stomache problems or chest pains (which sounds like the hernia diagnosis).  I'm very healthy except for this one thing.

I was worried about the B12, but I'll look into vitamin C and iron now.  I see the doctor in a couple weeks and will ask about it.  It's been on and off for many months now.  I tend to have bad breath because of it too I think.
Hi everyone, I've been experiencing same problem for one and half a year. And I already see dentist doctor and did blood tests which is all fine.
But I do notice here are all young people. Who would this happen as young people is usually heathier than elder people.
Three questions:
1. Are you young? I'm 26 year's old.
2. Are you fat? I get fat recently.
3. Do you spend a lot of time sitting before a computer? I did.

I want to find the cause and coorelate all these problems.
Thanks to all
I have been having the same problems as everyone has described here.  I have noticed a light amount of blood in my saliva when I spit, but only when I "suck" the saliva hard from the back of my throat.  Its concerning because blood is not supposed to be in saliva...

About 9 months ago, I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, and I'm thinking this is a correlation.  Otherwise, I feel fine.  I have pains on the left side often, and sometimes on the right side (abdomen), and if I eat too much, the problem (including the blood) gets worse.  Also, if I sit with bad posture (which I tend to do when I'm in front of the computer), I notice this as well.  For me, I would tend to think that this is related to the hiatal hernia because otherwise, I'm in perfectly good health.  27 y/o male, 165 pounds, ex-marine.  I also notice this more in the mornings after waking up (irrespective of brushing teeth, so its not that), and I think that makes sense because laying down makes acid reflux problems more apparent and acid can seep into the throat/esophagus and irritate it more.  Hiatal hernias are apparently pretty common, and I've noticed that a few other people in this thread seem to have a correlation between acid reflux (or hiatus hernia) and this specific type of problem.  Of course, it could be gingivitis too, even though it shouldn't be happening "constantly" if it was gingivitis, I don't think, and if the gingivitis was that bad, the fact that it was gum or tooth-related would be pretty blatantly obvious I would guess.

Hope this helps everyone.
hi guys! im having same problems about the blood in saliva! but the thing is it only happens to me when im brushing my teeth and when  some of the toothpaste goes down to my throat and then ofcourse ill try to spit them hard ( like puking ) thats the time blood comes out with it! any idea!? tnx in advance>>
Updating-

I've met one ENT doctore and one dentist and one digestion doctor. I'm diagnosed Chronic gastritis and Chronic pharyngitis and Gingivitis. I'm wondering whether these three things are coorelative. I have Gastroscopy and blood test but things are normal. I'm going to have CT scan and check where is the problem. It is really weird becasue I feel very fine.
hi guys...tetaplah semangat...n semoga ini hanya untuk saya saja....^_^..
saran terbaik saya adalah segera konsultasikan ini ke BEBERAPA dokter dan mendekatlah pada Tuhan Yang Maha Esa..pliss save your life...karena 75%dari tanda2 yang kalian berikan itu adalah awal dari kanker ganas yang jarang terjadi....pray for all...^_^..like me...see you..

plisss jangan samapi kalian seperti saya...dan percayalah ini merupakan bagian dari tumor dan kanker ganas...
tapi sampai sekarang pun saya masih menyangkalnya untuk menguatkan hati...huffff....god..plissss
kenapa ya tulisan2 gw disitu ada beberapa yang dirubah???kan jadinya nga seperti apa yang mau gw omongin...intinya tanda-tanda ini adalah KANKER
This might seem alittle odd,but not only do I wake up feeling the need to spit with bright pure blood (no traces).  It takes about 5 minutes of spitting and rinsing with cold water to make it stop.
now I have a new symptom..
I was trying to wake my husband up, so I started sucking like giving him a hickey on his arm, I started tasting blood, I didn't break his skin. Them blood tast was so bad I couldn't make it to the sink. the blood was not only dripping from my mouth, when I put my tounge on my hand.  It looked like someone stabbed me in the mouth.  The blood was red and everywhere. after spitting or a few minutes and rinsing with water it stopped. my tounge is normal, but after this it was whitish in color.  I have been to a dentist, no problem.  I have been to a endrincnologist who found 14 polups on & in my thyroid but insured me had nothing to do with bleeding or throat/saliva problems.
I found out @ 35 yrs old I have stage 1 ovarian cancer and have check ups every 6 months, also told that there was no conection.  I asked every dr. I see.
I went to my gastro Dr. who treats me for G.E.R.D. also told me had nothing to do with my saliva.  I do have pain under my right shoulder blade not so much pain as itching under my skin ( inside).  Dr. also said didn't hear anything when I breath so probably not my lung.
(W.T.H) I understand Drs. are Practicing medicine, but give me a break.
I give up.  This one scared me because it looked like a horror movie.  How come the Drs. have no clue. It's friken saliva.  What Doctor takes care of saliva?????  None of mine know.  Maybe somewhere out there someone can help lead me into the right direction.
Hey All

I am having the same problems.  I am healthy as far as I know and at first there was just fleck of blood in my saliva in the early mornings.  I had all kinds of tests done and they came back saying I am in perfect health.  Well, now there are no more flecks.  Instead, 1 - 3 times per month, i wake up in the early morning and the saliva is rusty looking.  It usually goes away by daybreak when I fully wake up. One morning I felt to spit and it was bright red (about 10am) but it only lasted about 3 mins and I havent seen it since.  Dont know what the problem is.  Will keep posting updates....
ATTENTION
Hello, everyone, I have same problem, i.e. feel healthy but do have blood in saliva. I have been cured, and it's Pharyngitis. I am in china, so when I go to hospital and be sure it has nothing to do with my stomach or Reflux. The doctor told me it's Pharyngitis, nothing more. So I have three day's chinese herb medicine, and it's been two months, the problem don't show up since then.
THE REASON MAY BE WISDOM TEETH WHICH IS VERY CLOSE TO OUR THROAT. Whenever the wisdom teeth inflame itself, I feel pain in my throat and that's why my throat keep inflaming itself too.
So don't panic, what you need to do is just get rid of the inflaming wisdom teeth and find a way to cure Pharyngitis. I find 鼻咽清毒颗粒 very useful but since you're not at china so you need to find other medicine to cure it.
Hope this is helpful.
HI

One of the natural medicine is to have ginger powder before going to bed all the things will get cured.. this is info i came to know...
Hi, I was wondering the same thing. Having blood in saliva well over a year now. Doc said if it was cancer I wouldn't be here now. Lots of pain inside my body, behind ribs, stiff necks very often and muscle pain in shoulder areas, and in breathing as well. I am a smoker. Am waiting for my ENT appointment. Hope someone finds out something soon.
I also have blood in my saliva but only first thing in the morning. I have chronic sinus problems, also bleeding gums and grind my teeth at night, (bruxism) do any of you know if you grind your teeth at night? I think mine might be coming from bleeding gums when grinding my teeth or my sinus problems. Will ask the doctor about that.
Hey maybe we should see if lydon0420 was right abour Pharyngitis ?
i had wisdom teeth issues in the past but never got them removed.
it could be possible??
Hi guys. I am only 14 years old and have recently discovered two bumps on the roof of my mouth, behind my top teeth. I am very scared, because my gums are bright red and I think I might have receding gums, Last night, I was leaning on my arm, mouth open, and realised I had blood in my saliva, just a small amount. I am really trying to brush everyday atleast once but it doesn't happen alot. I have started to do it everyday once a day and floss and mouthwash. I shower regularly and couldn't seem to find where the blood is coming from. The bumps look slightly white but are hard to look at as they're behind my front teeth. Please help with any ideas or solutions. I have a dentist apointmnent on the 21st and am really worried :(
I'm having the same problem, it worry me so much. At first, I thought the blood coming from the gum, then I check carefully any wounded gum or anything, but not sign of cuts or whatsoever at my gum. What I realize, the blood come when I got stuffed nose. Therefore I need to use my mouth to breath. I hate when it comes to this, because it causes me to snores. I knew that i got sinusitis, but I really hope I'm not position at severe stage. To people who read this, could you please give any opinion what should I do, did I have entered a severe stage?
did anyone find a solution for the problem. we are all experiencing the same issue.can any1 please reply and tell us how was it solved?
Hello! Everyone! ATTENTION! I have found the solution for the problem. The blood didn't show up unless my wisdom tooth inflamming. Thus, if you have a sinus or Chronic pharyngitis problem, the wisdom tooth inflaming problem can make it worse which is also the reason blood shows in saliva. You can try to either ease the sinus or Chronic pharyngitis problem or try to get the wisdom tooth away. So go to see a ENT doctor will be helpful. But it's no need to panic, if it's a bad problem, after a long time it should get very worse. But it doesn't. So don't worry guys just
1. get rid of inflaming wisdom tooth
2. ease Chronic pharyngitis or sinus problems
I too have the same problem from about 6 months ago. But I think it is due to my sinus problem as I have suffered from it many times earlier and still one of my two nostrils always remains blocked. I was worried regarding my bloody spit but i feel a bit relieve after reading all o ya!! Wish U all get rid of this problem and God Bless!!
The blood is showing up again. I belived it's from the nose. And when you suck, the blood come in throat. I'll have ENT doctor cheked and a CT. Hope it's fine.
I also taste blood when I wake up in the a.m.  I haven't tried spitting it out, but will.  This all just started since I began taking a muscle relaxer named Tizanidine. Has anyone considered looking at their prescription drugs for possible side effects?  I already have GERD and an esophogeal ulcer and heart burn is a side effect of Tizanidine - so that is my #1 suspicion.  However, I have another suspicion and this may apply to many of you out there.  Do any of you get dry lips at night - especially if you are open mouth breathers?  People with sinus problems usually are mouth breathers.  Also, many prescription drugs cause dry mouth which can cause cracks in the teeth and even gums.  My lips have been bleeding lately.  So, I'm also wondering if the blood taste is from my cracked lips.  I realize this wouldn't apply to those of you who spit out large amounts of blood.  Also, I have TMJ and grind at night. Along with that, I chew on the sides of my gums - (it may be a nervous habit).  All of these things can cause small amounts of blood in the mouth. Often, a symptom is not due to just one thing but a variety of causes. I also wouldn't be surprised if many of us have sinus issues causing this problem. When we lay down, the inflammed drainage runs right into the throat.  I took a flashlight and looked at my throat.  It is all red and full of gross looking yellow patches.  On and one the list goes. My MD just increased the dosage of my GERD medicine as a first step.  If that doesn't work, then an upper G.I. will be the next step since I already have the esophogeal ulcer. I hope some of these ideas help. I've found it usually helps to try one step at a time rather than a lot of treatments at once.  That way, you'll know what is truly working.  Best wishes to all of you!
Hello Folks,
I'm 30/M from Singapore. In the past 3 months, I have had sporadic incidents of blood in saliva. But my case is little strange. I do not get blood in my spit. It happens only when I brush in the mornings. I see specs of blood (even when i do not clear my throat or anything). I suppose the blood is from my throat. But, unsure. Recently, I had a spell of cold and my nose was completely blocked, I snored all night and nect morning i found a drop of blood during brushing (first time i had a drop come out). I have been to ENT once that performed a videostroboscopy on my throat and found everything normal. I sometimes feel burning sensation at the back of my thorat and sometimes, itchy, ticklish ears, sometimes pain in my upper jaw. But, I have not taken tests for sinus. My nose usually gets slightly blocked when i hit bed. When i sit on direct blow of fan/AC, my nose gets blocked n a hollow feeling in my throat.
I m hypochondriac. Little worried. Can anyone please help. thanks in advance.
Hello Slayer66,
It really sounds like a sinus issue with the tickling in the ears and burning in the throat, the blocked nasal passages (and or an allergy).  If you are snoring, that could be further irritating the sensitive areas of your throat in addition to the drainage that possible sinus problems may cause.  Do you have post nasal drip at all?  If so, how often?  Do you brush your teeth first thing in the morning upon waking?  If yes to the last question, it's possible that the bits of blood from your irritated nasal passages, sinus cavities and or throat are just starting to drain as you are now in an upright position.  All those areas are connected and blood from them can evacuate into the throat.  These are just theories, obviously.  Perhaps having your sinuses checked would be helpful. I hope everything works out well for you.
Sheezga,

Thanks for your response. I suppose, the sinus condition (if at all i have) is very mild. The itchy, ticklish ears do not happen all the time (once a day or twice). My molar teeth on the right side of my upper jaw has slight diffused aching feeling ( its not toothache). Reg. PND- yes, especially when I lie down, i feel a taste (not so pleasant) at the back of my throat. yes- I do brush my teeth first thing in the morning. Otherwise, my mucous is not as yellow / green or thick. Just colorless and watery. Nose blocks take some spitting in the morning to be cleared but, not no blood traces in them so far. I had chest X ray come out normal abt 4 months ago. Videostroboscopy in larynx and pharynx done 1 month ago were normal too. Blood spitting like I said is not an everyday occurrence.
During the day time, sometimes i feel the same unpleasant taste at the back of my throat say twice or thrice.

Like you suggested, prolly, gettin my Sinus tested would be an idea.
I will keep ya'll posted. Cheers!

Hey man,

I have the same problem for about over 5 months , health department thinks that I have TB so they did my chest X-Ray which was clear and I have seen an ENT and she put the fiber optic in my throat but there is nothing except she said there is a little are inflamed behind my vocal chords , I also told her that I fell the food coming out when i burp so she gave me some acid reducers , I have to go to her in 30 days and she will probably do CT scan , also health department asked me to send some sputum specimen to the lab to be more precise about if if I have TB or not. my lower part of the throat gets stiff and feels like some one is pressing hard you know and feels little swallowing difficulty.
Update.
I have done every check from my teeth to stomach. And everything is fine except for a inflamming throat. Did anyone here do a nose or throat CT scan? I guess if it is not cured, I will do the scan.
I am 15 and I'm also experience similar problems. I've tasted blood yet when I spit, my saliva comes out clear. Though I am also getting these pains on the left side of my body near my heart area. These pains cause me to have to take short breathe due to the fact that when I inhale deeply, that area begins to hurt more. It is kinda like a sharp pain feeling. Yet, I think the problem maybe in my lungs. I don't know if these two problems are connected some how or not. No, I don't smoke or drink. And the funny thing is that these problems do not occur when I exercise or play sports, they occur at unusual moments in time just yesterday. I had these pains in my heart area 4 times ( I did not taste blood though). I do not know what is happening to me and I would like to know, I do not know if I would be able to locate this site again so if anyone has any thoughts of what is going on or happening to me. Please email me at:   (nana.***@**** ) Thank you for your time. I hope we all get better. God bless.
hi my husband has a similar problem so he was spiiting blood and mucus out for sometime the doc sent him to a specialist and he put a cam in his throat he said theres no cancer but his throat is nervous which could lead to cancer , he gave him a medicine and told him to stop smoking or he can get cancer , im so scaredddddddddddd, and i dont get it
i have the same problem.I have headache in night and in the morning i have a blood in my mouth. i don't smoke or drink alcohol.anybody with the same problem?
Hi iam 26 , facing the same problem like evryone of you for the past one and a half yr. i had a habit of spitting a lot while smoking. there used to be a slight chest pain but its gone after i went for jogging. i used to spit a lot while smoking but now i've even quit smoking but no difference. now i drink lots of water and always try to keep my throat wet because keeping it dry makes it happen again, i try breathing exercises and avoid spitting as much as possible, only when i spit hard it comes out otherwise its fine. i feel ok now because iam not alone. i think we have to keep a routined life and keep it controlled by having a proper diet and more fruits , no packed and oily stuffs , as plain as possible and more and more water,becuase water itself is a healer.

i hope we all get well soon.

I've had this problem for 4 years or more. It followed on from problems I was getting with occasional extreme stomach pains when defecating. I was also getting an acidic taste in my mouth at night and at it's worst I was getting a cramping feeling in my throat. I got very worried about this when it was at its worse and my doctor sent me for a stomach examination. This isn't the most pleasant of experiences (having a camera pushed down your throat) but it did indicate that all was well with my stomach.
My doctor has put it down to an Irritable Bowel (IBS) type symptom and that the blood issue was a result of my stomach producing excess acid. He suggested I changed my diet and avoided very big meals and certain food products (especially fatty and spicy foods) and instead ate little but often. I also prop my head up on pillows at night to avoid the acid coming back up through my throat.
This has worked very well and I now only tend to get the symptoms if I've had a day or two (perhaps on holiday) of eating too much and eating the wrong things. As soon as I feel hungry I eat a biscuit or something light which seems to stop these acids building up so much. I've found the art of it is to not let yourself get hungry but not over eat either. Also I found getting stressed about it seems to make all the symptoms twice as bad.
Looking back on it my diet had been very poor at the time immediately before I started getting these problems. I was eating a lot of sugary sweat things and nowhere near enough fresh fruit and vegetables. I would add however that if you have this problem I'd advise against eating acidic fruit like oranges and particularly against drinking pure fruit juice. Something else to stay away from is anti-inflamatory painkillers such as ibruprofen and stick with paracetamol if you need a cure for headaches etc. Also don't try taking painkillers if you get the stomach cramps it tends to make matters worse!
To the people who have mentioned their worry that blood in their saliva may indicate something far worse all I would say is this. I've had two friends who discovered they were suffering from stomach cancer. One was treated successfully and one not. Both had difficulties in eating or retaining food and suffered rapid weight loss over a period of a few months. Both were initially diagnosed by their doctors as suffering from ulcers but were subsequently found to be suffering from cancer. While their condition could well have been ulcers, my advice is to seek medical help from a GP immediately unexpected weight loss and/or a diffciculty in swallowing or keeping food down occurs, as the sooner an illness is detected the greater likelihood is that it can be successfully treated.  
Hope this helps.

Norm
I had a endoscopy and found out I have gerd.  My doctor put me on Nexium, shortly after that I started tasting blood in my mouth and spitting out light blood.  I called him and he told me to stop taking Nexium. I had a allergic reaction to it.  Blood in spit is part of this annoying thing some of us have, acid reflux.
I have been waking up in the mornings and my mouth tastes like blood.  I also have a lot of drainage all of a sudden but the drainage didn't start until about 5 months after the bloody taste started.  Can someone give me an idea as to what's wrong?
Sorry to hear you all are having this same problem. I haven't had this now in a long time, thank goodness seems to have gone away. I did end up at the ear/nose/throat Dr with this problem after finding going to the Gastric Dr was the wrong place for this as blood won't come up into the siliva I was told. The ENT Dr told me he saw a spot in my nasal passage that was sore and had been bleeding and that was probably my problem. That does bleed from time to time when I get dry so I was told to put some neosporin up in there and should soften and heal which I did....so far soooo good....This problem did not come from my teeth or gums. Good Luck to you all
Hi All,

I thought I might as well add to this.  I too have been getting the blood taste in my mouth.  Also if I brush my teeth it goes away which means it isn't a gums or teeth thing.  

I went to the doctor to get that chcekd out and she said that my teeth and gums looked in great condition so I can rule that out.

What I have noticed is that if I taste it in my mouth, I can go and spit and the more I spit or try to draw saliva into my mouth the more it comes, which to me means that I must be drawing it from somewhere nearby.

Now I have got a sinus problem where my noes blocks up every day and I have to use a nasal spray to clear it up - I have a feeling that this has something to do with it.  Maybe the constantly blocked nose or the use of the spray all the time is causing the problem, but after reading this thread, I think it's nothing bad at all.

Apart from this, I feel really healthy at the moment so this is literally the only two issues I have.

Just thought I'd add to this thread to help anyone who is having similar symptoms.  
I'd like to add that for years, off and on, I have had issues with blood in the saliva. This began 7 years ago at the age of 23, which was ultimately followed by a chest x-ray to rule out TB. It came back negative. I've suffered with sinus/allergy problems my entire adult life, every week of every month. I don't take a prescription. I just tend to suffer along with it, but this itself may be the culprit for the bloody spit. It happens to me like most people here describe. You get "that taste" and you go to spit, it's clear (maybe two or three times), then it's bloody. I can rinse it away by swishing water and gargling. This has happened off and on for years. I smoke, but I never cough, ever, and have certainly never coughed up blood. It's scary, but it's comforting to see others with this similar problem.

Hi Everyone

I might have the answer you all are looking for however it is not 100% confirm but i will confirm it soon.
I suffer from this from almost 2 years. I had a CT done (Lungs) which came out fine, i do smoke sometimes so that was my main concern.. i have had many other tests done all came out fine except: one ENT doctor put a camera through my nose into the throat and found that just on top of my tonsils there are some blood vessels and they seem to burst now and then and cause the bleeding, normally the blood goes down due to gravity but when i sleep it stays in the mouth. He told me it is nothing serious and ask me to go away without any treatment so it heals itself, he asked me to avoid fizzy drinks, too much gaggling and other stuff which is harsh to your mouth it includes smoking ofcourse, now i still smoke sometime and it is getting worse, i have an appointment soon and probably this time they will take my tonsils out and that may solve the problem i am not sure yet but i will keep you all updated.
Thanks for, your reassuring comments. Lately I have been getting a dry throat & mouth in bed at night & I too get the odd taste of blood in my throat & when spitting out there is the odd sign of pink colour in the saliva. the doc says it's not an unusual thing & I wondered if it might be to do with snoring which is severe according to my wife  My biggest problem is I'm the biggest panic merchant in the world and then get stomach ache & nausea  from the anxiety & find it hard to sleep.  About time I grew up at 59 but I guess it's hard to change ones nature. Think I'll try the Neosporin
Thanks again
Paul in London
i am suffering from blood spitting for more than 5 years... i believe snoring is one big factor that cause abrasion to the mucosa linings and i am also suffering from laryngeal pharyngeal acid reflux... doctor can not clearly pin point the cause... i just accept the reality and live with it...
Wow, i guess m not the only one with this problem, 31 y/o non smoker or drinker... First t hing when i wake up,, blood in my flem (phlegm)...i spit 2-3 times and everything is clear.. Its getting to the point im concerned, i do have bad gums and im a mouth breather so that may be a problem, also i recently purchaced a new house and have fear that im breathing in from a poorly maintained ac unit..... Just had it finally serviced yesterday, and wow it was nasty.....im guessing i have an infection in the lungs or mouth.... But im no doctor..hope its nothing major.... Thanks guys for sharing
i was so depressed for like 2 hours..i thought m gonna die soon and it must be a cancer or something,but when i saw this forum m all happy again..it feels like m not alone :P..
m gonna go to the doc soon! :)
hi im afzaal i am having this problem with my throat , its not a major cough like i am not coughing constantly only like 15 times a day but they are sort of hard coughs and ive had this for 2 motnhs i have cut down on smoking , i only smoke on fridays and also smoke marujwana 2 days a week, just a one off when i do a sliva spit like take it from my  nose i see a little trace of blood this is starting to worry me does anybody know what this is. thanks
I have the same problem but I spit out little white things that look like crumbs somewhat and they smell horrible. This happens occasionally tho. I get this when I do the "sucking" motion to spit a loogie. I'm very worried cause today I started to bleed also. I know it's coming from the roof of my mouth. Someone please let me know if u have the same issue with the crumb like substance. I am very scared.
hey ..im susan...does anyone have any solution for my problem?? from past 2-3 months blood is comming out from my mouth ..wenever i spit isee my blood comming out...n yes i used to smoke n drink  also....so anyone having solution plzz reply to this comment...u can even replywit do's n dont's also... thnks
The blood is coming from your tounge. I have had the same problem for about 5 years now. I haven't been to a doctor but I know the source of the problem. I am not sure what can be done about it. In my case it seems like I always have cotton mouth no matter how much watter I drink.
I have had a bad cough the last 3days I've stoped smoking for a 5days now.. And I keep tasting blood in my throat after coughing. When I spit it out I see light traces of blood. Any help. Wuld be appreciated
hello everybody, i m also suffering from blood in salvia in the morning when wake up,but rest all of the day is fine. i m non smoker and drinker. I don't know the cause. Please guide me.
Hi Marie, I have had the same symptoms for many years and am starting to get very concerned. Did you ever have a diagnosis?
Hi all,

I am experiencing some sort of same problem too.. I have traces of blood in my saliva after waking up. But i stopped spitting the saliva which contains blood stain until my saliva is white as normal and after that there's no more blood traces in my saliva. I experienced this twice and if i'm not mistaken, it usually occurs when i wake up from a sleep or nap and during my sleep or nap i think i have some cough going on too. It is freaky! What could it be?
I have had the same symptoms- The ENT doctor did not see anything in my CT SCAN. I feel my blood is directly linked to my ear. It was pretty much like i was feeling the blood trickle down from in there thru the tube into my throat. Tho the doctors say my ear was fine while I was experiencing what felt like a Ear infection, I eventually just asked them to give me Antibiotics and that really helped me feel better. I went a good week with no problems or blood then it kinda came back with a vengence. Lots of blood. I cant tell where its from/ my ear, or throat, or what. Doctors dont seem to be much help tho. Could be allergies tho I dont really know to many other people who say yea i have allergies and I spit up a ton of blood when its bad also?!?
Several years ago, I had this problem on and off for a month.  Then I developed chest congestion and felt I might have a sinus infection that went into my chest.  Called my doctor and she had me come in immediately.  I spit in a cup for her and there were traces of blood.  She insisted I have an ultrasound or CT Scan that day.  I went to the hospital nearby that night and had a CT Scan.  Turned out to be several BLOOD CLOTS in my right lung.  The scan also showed that I had pneumonia.  The odd part about this is that I felt sick but I didn't think it was anything that bad.  Had to go on Heparin IV in the hospital and wasn't released for a week.  Anyone who continues to have this, please rule out this possibility.  I was lucky because my blood clots stopped in my right lung.  Had they not stopped there, the next place they travel to is the brain.  And if you don't know - that will result in a stroke.  It may not be this in your case - but insist that it's ruled out.  A CT Scan will show whether or not there are any blood clot issues.  One more thing -- the Pulmonary Specialist who treated me said that blood clots start on the left side of your body (lower calf) and travel up through your left lung, heart, over to the right side of body, up through the right lung and directly to the brain.  It's the same for everyone.  A blood clot in either lung can result in a Pulmonary Embolism, a blood clot in the heart can result in a heart attack, a blood clot in the brain can result in a stroke.  That's why it's important to rule out.  Hope this all helps.
hello doc....i also been experiencing traces of blood in my saliva about four months ago.....i been to ENT and i thought it was sinusitis..but my ENT doctor refers me to gastric doctor and i undergone endoscopy...i was diagnose swelling of my stomach..after taking antibiotic the traces of my blood was gone but later my upper abdomen starts aching..so i get ultrasound on  my stomach and it found out negative...until now i feel pain on my upper abdomen and my doctor confused the cause of pain even i keep on taking medicine...as of now i take nexium...i feel  there's a menthol on my stomach..i feel pressure on my ear...and when i keep on talking i see traces of blood on my saliva again....i've never seen a dentist yet..pls help!!!
Hello.  This is just a suggestion to all who are having problems with blood in saliva or blood in the throat.  My husband has been having this same problem for a few months.  No doctors could tell him exactly what was causing the blood in his mouth.  Finally, one doctor suggested that he go to a blood center and donate a unit of blood to clean his circulation system.  He donated blood earlier this week, and surprisingly, he feels much better.  As early as the first day after he donated, he didn't find any blood in his saliva or throat.  Give it a try and hopefully it helps!
Last year I had this problem in a rather intense way for about six months.  At its peak I was finding quite a lot of blood in my spit after eating.  Additionally, I was waking up with soar throats.  I went to the doctor and was referred to an ENT.  My X-Rays came up clean.  I then had a CT scan and was diagnosed with GERD.  I started on a regular regimen of prilosac twice a day.  Additionally, I was told to avoid fatty, spicy foods and not to eat before bed.  While my symptoms are not entirely gone they have been significantly reduced by watching portion size, what I eat, and taking anti-GERD drugs.  While there might be other diagnoses to the particular problems experienced in this forum, I think that GERD is a significant possibility.  Weight loss, a shift in eating habits, and the use of a drug that controls the acid that pours into the stomach after eating can, over time, counteract this problem.
I was crazy out of my head this morning after brushing my teeth, spitting out blood. After i rinsed my mouth 3x i didnt see it again. When I went through these posts my anxiety went down but I'm still concerned. I have been experiencing this over the past 2 years off & on. This morning it was more than usual. I have Gerd, mild gastritis. I saw ENT doc & Gastro doc & failed to mention this off/on problem because of Gastro problems & I thought sinus issues. They didn't see any ulcer, polyps. Just inflammation. After reading the post I'm going to my pcp to get bloodworm & chest X-ray.
Hi guys!
i do thesame as you guys.. i spit blood through my saliva, its dark, i don't the cause of it? sometime i also experience difficulty in breathing like there is something that blocks the air passage.. Really now that thing is a big to me. how am i suppose to deal with it.. please please please help me guys.. if you know some herbal or any treatment or a mere suggestions that could help me with my help.. please do.. thank you so much...
Go get a LUNG Catscan and do it FAST!  You must rule out a blood clot and from what you describe, you very well might have one.  Honestly, don't screw around with this.  If you have a clot and it gets worse you could easily collapse and die.  Get it checked.  
I just experience blood when I spit this morning twice, I know it's not from my gums but from my intestine?! Is that right? And i'm experiencing a blood from my stools, this the 4th day I had that. Especially I'm experiencing a little bit on my right side stomach.
Anyone knows anything about that. I really don't want to go to the doctor,scares me!
Drewnnah
I am so glad I found this.  I was freaking out too.  One item I thought it was:  taking medications because I do. I have dry sinuses, but have only had the peroblem for maybe a week. I also had dental work, but my dentist checked me out and didn't see anything.  I do have digestive issues and thought it might be my stomach; I'm getting that checked out.  have your doctors check your MPV - mean platelet volume.  Mine is high although we don't know why.  The gentleman who gave a pint of blood and felt better...well I'll bet his MPV was elevated.

Other suggestions:  find a SCIO or Zyto biofeedback specialist.  These systems can find out anything about your body.  I'm checking with mine this week.  Will let you know what I find out.
A few more things - blood is related to spleen; have your spleen checked out.  Also, not many doctors will check to see if you're toxic.  Toxins hide themselves in fat cells, and when your toxicity is too high, can result in odd symptoms, especially blood quality and poor oxygenation.  Try a 3-5 day fast with just vitamins, clear soups, green tea and non-sugared juices and meditation.  I have found that a quarterly cleansing will clear up just about anything.  I'll let you know if that works, too.
I had a sinus infection that would affect my left side nasal cavity,(at times i smelled what i thought was a deal animal somewhere) i went to 5 different ENT and the doctor many times over 3 years..I was finally suggested to go to a dentist..I had an upper impacted wisdom tooth..shown by x-rays.That caused the infection into my nasal cavity..also at times i would taste/spit blood..
I was told when wisdom molars start coming in the taste of blood is not uncommon..Hopefully this info may help others..I had my all of my 4 wisdom teeth removed with no other issues..no return of the infection, very happy!
i also have blood in my saliva in the mornings or after a nap had an chest x-ray done was clear had a complete blood count all good saw a throat specialist and got a camera from my nose to my throat dr told she saw nothing   went to the dentist everthing was good there too i dont know were else to go .....i have no stomach problems at-all so i dont think i could have ulcers .....ugggg dont what to do!
Hello all,
I have been reading this forum for almost 6 months since i started getting blood from my saliva when i wakes up in the morning. I was very worried when it happpend couple of weeks back so i decided to seek medical attention.
I had gone thru CT scan to Camera in my stomach and nothing was found until today.
Today i went to see an ENT specialist where after diagnosis he mentiond that i have "small hemangioma deep down in my tongue" due to which the blood vessels get rupture when i snore, or dryness in the room and that's the reason i get blood. As per doctor there is nothing to worry about it, i just need to use humidifier in my room so that the blood vessels can heel. He mentioned that if after 2months i still see blood then there is a small completely safe 20 mins surgical process is there thru which this hemangioma will be removed by laser.
I'm sharing my experiance because i had the same symtoms (symptoms) which most of you mentioned in forum and after 6 months i got the reason for it. So can't stop myself :)
My sister having same problem . She bleeds mouth often. But we had thousand test start from all kind of blood , endoscopy , x ray chest, tb test ,ct scan , MRI , went ent , gastro, blood specialist , dentist , internal madicine, neuro sergent, every one in Bangladesh and India. Every things *** normal. Evey one says normal. Unknown cause. Will cure when she grown up. She is 14 and bit fatty(cubby). It's been 4 years. Now. But she still bleeds. No idea where to go. We really want to find the rite of bleeding . Only think we can mention . She had banged her head with wall and the blood star after few days . But we also checked   Butcame normal . Any one to help to give us idea where to go.....
Hello Folks...
Is there any link with Anemia & blood in saliva?
Thank you :)

I know it is 2012, but is there really a time limit for these symptoms? :)
Anyway, I am also 23 years old and recently started waking up spitting blood with my saliva, my throat hurts, and I have HORRIBLE migraines. The migraines have been happening for over a year, but I noticed the blood when I woke up with blood on my pillow, and it happens at least twice a week. Have you found out what it was you had?

Thanks!!
Hi, I have been having the same problem for over 8 months now. I will wake up at night or early in the morning to a dry mouth or metallic taste in the mouth. When I spit out, I find traces of blood in my saliva and if I keep spitting the saliva becomes very red. The traces of blood usually disappears once i rinse my mouth with water or brush my teeth. I sometimes see the blood in d saliva during the day too but once i rinse my mouth with water it disappears and my saliva becomes white again. I'm having a blood test done this week and have booked an appointment with the dentist. I really don't think its a gum problem because my gums look healthy. I must add that I snore heavily when I sleep and often catch myself snoring sometimes so I guess it could be a problem with the sinus. I hope a solution is found to this problem soon cos it is worrying.
anyeong,
i'm also having this kind of thing. Everytime I wake up and brush my teeth, i see traces of blood when I spit out, ive been experiencing this for a couple of weeks..
Thanks, at least i've read all your comments and it gave me some knowledge to this.
Bloods coming out in my saliva and my throats killing I can't eat or drink any1 know what's causing it :(
I have same problem and I got what is reason behind it. This problem start from last month and I went to Dentist but she said nothing found. After that she sent me to GI specialist and he gave medicine but nothing changed so he did upper GI endoscopy but that were all clear. After that last Saturday I went ENT specialist and he found that problem is in my nose. He did nose endoscopy and found that my one side nose wall slide some how and its swelling so he said nothing to worry about. It will not harm any how and gave nose drop and medicine. So I suggest you to first to go to ENT if you do not have acidity kind of problem.      
Hey I have astma and had coff on and off for the past year when I wake up in the morning only now and again not every day I feel like I build up of mucus in my throat and have the need to spit and when I do there blood Pritty much blood hardley any mucus iv bin to doctor and they said if it was come in from my chest I would have to be coff in it up and a few weeks I kept wake in up with a dry blooded nose but that has stop now it just the blood in the morning what's worry in me now I feel daft goin back to doctors again can anyone help me? Please?
A related discussion, Blood in saliva - every day was started.
I had blood in my saliva, spitting at night & in morning, my xray showed heavy sinitis which does cause blood in siliva. I finally went to a ENT and he put one of those camera's up my nose &   comes down your mouth & throat very weird, it took several times to find the problem which I HAD FOR OVER ONE YEAR and there it was ...two burst capillaries which he quartersized there and then.Stayed away for about two years but from time time when my sinitis flairs up it returns, that would be the problem with the majority of these complaints on this forum that has been re- ocurring.. but better to be safe than sorry!
what is the toothpaste name and other things he priscribe to you please?
brothers i know some reasons that might help us all.. mostly these comon things u all shared can be happen but for our age most of us are young... thats why doctors are little bit confuse.. i m suffering from the same problem and i think i know the reason why.. i drink soda to much b4 that i was fine.. when i start drink it like water i begin to saw blood in my nose.. then when i didnt stop and keep drinking soda like water i begin to see blood in my spits.. then i realize.. its the soda.. because when i dont drink it the rate of blood is less..
also i have a cousin which lives in different city.. he was working in a company of pepsi or coke.. he drink soda like water there.. in just one month he begin to bleed out like us.. he was far more worse case then us.. then he went to the doctor so his doctor suggest him to not to drink soda,, then he left drinking soda.. after 1 month he was fine and his blood problem stoped.. and now i am also gona left the ******* soda out of my drink and will drink water a lot much.. and when i see i am fine i will come here and post what i experianced ok..
if u wana try... try with me u ll definitly find the difference.. ;)
I guess I will add to this.
I had blood in the back of my throat mostly in the morning and dry throat in the morning.  Sometimes during the day I would get bleeding if I sucked on something.  The doctor said it most likely a weak blood vessel in my throat kinda like a bloody nose.  She referred me to a Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor  to make sure because she can't say anything 100 Percent for sure since she doesn't have the cameras to look.
For starters,you might want to go to an ENT and get checked for GERD.

You also might want to ask your ENT to check for the following conditions:
Please note that this list maybe not be complete and I am not prescribing or diagnosing anything.

It is helpful to have tests done so that you and your doctor can determine the best course of action to resolve the problem.

Tests you might want to ask to have done are as follows:

Low Stomach Acid (BQrt)
Insufficient Digestive Enzymes
Bacterial ( H pleorea) Infection
Overgrowth of yeast
Food Sensitivities
Hiatal Hernia
Ulcers ( Esophageal and stomach)

You must do a self inventory to see if you have made bad food choices:

Generally people with Acid Reflux should not eat processed food, fried or heavily fat laden foods,sugar,chocolate,citrus fruits, spicy food of any kind. Look up Akaline Diet, this seems to be the recommended diet for this condition.

And, you might want to do a self-inventory to see if you have habits that are not conducive to good health that you can change Note: This list is not complete but it can get you started in getting yourself healthy again.

Drinking, smoking, use illicit drugs of any kind are typical representatives of bad health habits. However, we can add to this list and ask questions like the following; Do you sleep at least 7 hours per day? Do you have annual health check-ups? Have annual dentist check-ups? Do you drink purified water?

If you have GERD it is usually recommended that you sleep with your head elevated ( See Dr.OZ program on GERD). Also, don't recline after eating. And people with GERD are typically told to make sure to wait at least 4 hours after eating before going to bed. Do you exercise? Take appropriate vitamins?  

Also, "Do you have a support system?" " Do you have a lot of stress in your life?" "How do you handle stress?" " Do you attend church, temple or a religious meeting place on a regular basis?  

Some resources: Note: Get your Dr's approval before following any medical suggestions or treatments.

1.Dr. OZ program on GERD
Books:
2.Juicing for Life. Cherie Calbom
3.Natural Alternatives to Nexium, Maalox, Tagamet,Prilosec & other Acid blockers. What to use to relieve heartburn and other Gastric Ailments.
Martie Whittekin, CCN  
4.Dropping Acid. The Reflux diet cookbook and cure. Jamie Koufman, MD & Jordan Stern, MD & Chef Marc Bauer
5.The Acid Reflux Solution. Jorge Rodriguez, MD
6.The Acid Reflux Diet. Maria A. Bella

Psalm 103:1-5, Jeremiah 17:14, James 5:15
You might want to find another ENT as many tests that ENT's use involve this camera.
I wonder what color or lack of color is your mucous when you bleed? Is it clear with light or dark blood? Is the mucous whitish? Does it have a greenish tint to it, etc.?  
I hope you will see a doctor soon and resolve your problem. There are many reasons why blood is in your spit and I'm sure you want to resolve this health issue.

An aside:
I know many people that use Western medicine to get a diagnosis and  then use Alternative modalities, whenever possible, to cure the problem.  
I have had the same thing happening for the past 5 years. i also snore and have a constant stffy nose which I blow and sometimes see blood. I also have high blood pressure. This is really causing me lots of anxiety. Has anyone found out what is causing this?
Wow thats crazy because I have major  allergies and sinus problems all the time too! And it always happens in the morning, and before I sleep. Please tell me if it is bad.. Did the doctor say anything bad about it..? or is it just a bother.  
I had the same happen to me last night. Taste of blood in mouth n traces in saliva if i spit. I have a slight discomfort in my throat today. Im a chain smoker of 4 yrs. Im 25 yrs old. Does anybody know what it could be?
Guys, im the latest to join this group. For the last few years i have been getting sporadic bleeding from my mouth not at the times you would expect it.  My Dentist tells me its gum disease and has referred me to a Gum specialist but when i clean my teeth and washout with mouthwash twice a day, it does not happen very often. Ill suddenly feel a little warmth in my mouth and will have to wash the blood out with up to 4 or 5 rinses of water. It also looks as if the blood is coming from my throat as when i bring up new saliva to see if it has gone there is sometimes more fresh blood with it. My Gp is referring me to an ENT clinic but as you can imagine its very worrying. I have no pain at all just this sudden feeling.    
Have you had an ear, nose and throat specialist or gastrointestinal specialist check you for G.E.R.D. (Acid reflux can cause soreness of throat and smokers are at high risk for developing this problem.)
It seems to me you also might want to get a referral to an gastrointestinal specialist, who might want to do an EGD test to check for bleeding ulcers, acid reflux damage even beyond the throat, etc..
ray, what kind of antibiotic taken/intake by your uncle that helps saliva clear up from saliva with blood.. please email me at r_cejas***@****
I have exactly the same symptoms like yours, but I feel warmth everywhere in my body and head, not only in my mouth and than starting to have blood in my saliva. The ENT doctor told me that it colud be from my weak capillary and she prescribed me a medicine. I take it 2 months already, but the things ain't getting better, I still have blood in my throat. Please share if you found out a solution for your problem!
um having same problem. morning i can see blood traces in my saliva since one month. i had an appointment with gastric doctor and ENT doctor, ENT said it "MAY" be sinus, not sure. gas antibiotic, during a treatment i feel okay.. bt again i am seen blood trace,, i am really worried about this. can anyone tell me whats really happening??...
I was having some traces of blood in my saliva but not sure what it was. I took cotton swabs and swabbed the back of my throat and no blood. I swabbed all over the inside of my mouth and come to find out it wast tongue bleeding. Maybe from being so dry, usually in the morning. Hope this might help.
You might want to try some Elderberry for the sinus/allergy problems.  I have GERD too and recently discovered Nux Vomica - in time it can even cure ulcers.  I hate taking Prilosec or Nexium as eventually they cause other health problems.  I have also taken Chinese Curing Pills from the health food store.  They help this problem, too. I prefer natural supplements as I don't want any more chemicals in my body.
Did you ever find out what those "white" bumps were behind your front teeth?  My grandson has Hemochromatosis and had extra "small" teeth growing behind his front teeth. They had to be removed.
I am 23 - have same problem in the morning saliva with blood - I am highly allergic to smokes and smells - I have very sensitive nose - my wisdom teeth are new - I have genetically missing teeth in front upper - I used to be a sports guy until I was 19 - am having higher than normal blood pressure by 10 - I have difficulties breathing from my nose too
- i notice blood is from ceiling of my mouth "not sure"
I think this could be from dry mouth
Nobody here has mentioned snoring or sleep apnea.  How many of you that are waking to bloody drool, snore?  My husband snores so badly, his uvula gets swollen.  He drools blood as well. Mouth breathing and snoring dries out the tonsils and tissues and then rattles them.  The Blood in his spit disappeared when he lost 30 pounds and cured his sleep apnea that way.
Hi John

What ever came of it? I'm having the same symptoms
I am just recently spitting up blood not lots have a dull pain on left side close to the last rib not all the time and throat irritation
Recently had X-ray  done and blood all was good? Scheduled to go in for further tests
Anyone else have any ideas ? I don't cough just comes up in spit but I do seem to have the taste of blood in my mouth quite often and I only see the blood in the morning or late evening
I'm scared
When i wake, my spit is bloody. I have to rinse several times before I brush, then after brushing, more bloody saliva. I don't believe its just my gums because my initial spit is bloody before I brush. May 27th I broke my nose. Could that have anything to do with it? Also, I swallowed some listerine trying to gargle. Could THAT have anything to do w/ it?
I have high blood pressure for around 10yrs already and controlled with bp maintenance drugs and I am fine with my bp. The past last month, I am feeling taste of blood in my mouth seems like when you have a nose bleed feeling. The tastes happen often with very light shade on my spit but not really bothering me. Whats bothering me is I spit some blood after any of the following.
a. Right after climax during masterbation (masturbation).
b. If I exceed too much pressure holding my breath while taking a bowel movement.
c. Feels the blood in my mouth when I put my head down too long.

This happens all the time if I exert too much pressure and since blood goes up to our head when we exert a lot of pressure, I am thinking it is cause by that.

What seems to be the problem. My doctor does not know either.

d. Alliviated pressure when coughing I bleed in similar fashion.

It seems bleeding is caused by alleviated pressure when body is subjected to extreme pressure, blood rises to brains which causes bleeding thru the mouth like a nose bleed.

Any ideas internists?
Hi everyone
im 15 years old and just lastnight I started to spit blood.... then this morning. I was soooo happy to see im not the only one. my throat is also very dry and hurting. and my left side hurts as well... last year I had tonsil surgery and 11 days after I threw up blood a walmart sack full... I don't know what to do about me spitting blood I mean it happens everyonce in a while oh im a girl and I don't smoke or drink of course... if anyone can comment back sooon please do...
hi all , I,m 42 and only seem to spit blood after ive eaten chocolate,chinese food etc....I wake up and spit it out for a few minutes then it clears and I,m ok .....ive been docs and he said it was sore at the back of my throat ......but I don't think its normal for this to happen....??
Hi Dr. I see some traces of Blood ( earlier thin blood now some thickened Clots) in my Mucus early Morning. I went for Blood tests and sputum test and got some viral infection detected in my blood . Also I have had a terrible sore throat with extreme pain in my throat with fever for one day and took medicines and throat infection seems ok but lots of mucus still seems to be blocked in my chest and nose . Now when I gush up the mucus and clear my throat i see thick traces of Blood ( clot ) earlier 2 days ago they was thin blood and i used to taste blood in my mouth. I am still on the same medication for Viral infection that targeted my throat but I dont understand where is the blood coming from now , when I feel  no pain in my throat am so worried please suggest ???? also just to let you know I dont smoke or drink !!

I've just recently started sitting out blood, but I've been constantly sick this year, I used to smoke, but now I don't apart from Pot which I've only been smoking t
Since the start of the year, before I had the blood I was feeling sicker then usual and vomited in the morning, I haven't yet been to the doctor but I have been told it could be something to do with a sinus or stomach infection.
I'm 52, male. For past 2 yrs I've been waking up to find occasional bloody saliva stains on bed sheets. I also spit blood occasionally. I don't smoke, am fit, healthy and not overweight.
Bloodstains tend to coincide with late eating or drinking the evening before. Im a very heavy snorer and this is made worse with drink. Perhaps this is causing blood release? I'm a mild asthmatic and started using an inhaler recently and have noticed an increase in staining. Some reaction in the throat to the spray perhaps?
In any case, having read all posts in this forum, I've decided that this condition is almost certainly not a major issue and now don't feel the need to visit a doctor.

That is Too serious to go to this forum. Please see an internist. Left side hurting and blood spitting maybe related to lungs or heart valve.

Please see an internist right away, it maybe serious.

My case though, I had an internist looked at my story and found out nothing was wrong with me. Cause of my blood spitting from extreme pressure or alleviated pressure was due to a little vein rapture which was caused by extreme pressure. Some special antibiotics handled it pretty much.

That is not normal. SEe an internist.
Hello all after reading all of the posts, i am bit relieved...about my problem, I can taste blood in my mouth. When I spit i get to see red coloured not too bright red coloured but light red colour sputum and it only for one or two or three times in a day, not all day long... I am not having any shortness of breath, Any pain, diziness or anything, I am quite normal but just wondering why this is hapenning. I have sore throught, I mean my throat drys up quickly and I am dirinking pelnty of water. Previously when it happend doctor suggested to take ascoril. I took it for 3 days and it stopped. After two weeks i am getting it again. not sure why it returned. please help me doctors out there  what I should do. This happend only when I had alochol the night before in both instances.
I am writing myself to let others know how I am doing now, well I saw the doctor and who said its just some infection in throat and the cause is due to bust of capillaires in throat, no need to worry or panic as doctor said to me and after taking some antibiotics, It went off... so I suggest others to get checked up by ENT specialist and take prescribed medicine to get yourself relaxed. Happy recovery to all.
I just experienced this. I had nose bleeding and I stopped it from bleeding. Later on I found blood traces in my saliva I'm really worried but less than 5 minutes,it's gone. Is it gonna infect anywhere in my body? Seriously scared!!!
Hi all,

I'm glad I stumbled on this site hoping someone can share advice or related experience.

I've been spitting blood for 8 months already. But I feel no pain and I am not coughing and I don't have colds. There are no other symptoms. Before, blood was seen in the saliva once a month then, it became twice a month.

I first went to an Internal Med doctor, however, after seeing the color of the blood I was spitting (I took a picture of it), she advised me to see an ENT instead. Color was bright red.

I did lots of tests. My chest X ray was okay and my lungs were perfectly normal. I am not a smoker and haven't tried even once. I also do not drink hard liquors.

In an endoscopy, my ENT found a mass on my left nose and advised for a CT scan and a nasopharyngeal mass biopsy which I did. CT scan/biopsy results were okay and operation was successful.

However, 2 months after, I spitted blood again. My doctor advised for MRI and some other tests. MRI results were also okay. I really could not understand why I'm spitting blood again. Maybe it's because of my surgery and stress/pressure made me bleed again? But it's been 2 months already?

Your thoughts are really appreciated.
Thank you.
Did you ever find t
he cause of this? I have the same problem for 6 years.
Hello. I have been facing same problem from few days. I had trout hurting before few days and its not there anymore. But from last 2 3 days I can see blood in my saliva. I am a smoker and these days its being hard for me to smoke.and I also had dry nose. Is this due to smoking ? I am super tensed . Please suggestions needed.  
yeah it help...you really try for your post
Did you fin out what was causing this?
Shereem it is stress, i dont know where you live or ur life,we all have our own level of stress,my wife has had this in 3 bouts over 3 years and she has had every test possible , and tonight it happened again, bout no/4.
we are only human,we feel the worlds pain,children die of starvation,we all feel guilt and can only give money,we lost our 17 yr old son in a tragic accident,pain,stress,grief,anger, it screws up ur mind and ur body,no doctor will ever solve ur problem, i am sure its stress related as in this world is selfish and all consuming, maybe u are not ,theres ur stress
Hello!
Sorry for my english, I am not very good with it!
I saw blood in my saliva for three months. I did a lot of tests and everything was ok.
I didn't know what to do, every time a grow up early a split a blood, sometimes it happened during the day too.
After a lot of examination and tests i found what problem is and now 1 year latter the problem is gone.
What caused the problem?
It all that stress and all that preoccupation it caused from teeth.
I gone to the dentist and detailed clean the teeth (which it tooked about 45 min) from stones and everything  although I am very careful caring them.
It seems to be a gap between two teeths and when I suck the saliva, I thought that the blood is coming from my lounge or  throat but no, the blood  it came from that gap.
I never would not believe that gap would cause so much stress and problems to me, but a year from there I am very good with health and I dont have that problem anymore.
I hope some one would help this and I know the feeling when someone split blood.  
You explained the doctor's found the answer to your problem...but you did not state what the treatment was for this diagnosis...please respond.  Thanks.
Hi, I'm twelve years old and recently experienced a bit of blood in the morning coming from the back of my throat and have a list in mind of possible diseases it could be but I'm not so sure. It started just this morning before I brushed my teeth and have also had hiccups recently on and off. I'm not sure if there is a relation between the two symptoms but I am planning on going to a doctor ASAP just to be sure it's nothing serious. I would love to hear from some doctors from here as well. PS: I don't think it has to do with my lungs. Typically this could be a symptom of a lung infection e.g. tuberculosis but I did not hear any suspicious weezing noises as one would hear. Please reply soon!