bruising in my two year old son that isnt going away
my two year old son has had these red bruises on his legs for at least six months he has no complaints about them he doesnt say anything if i touch then, he has a dr appoinment tomorrow i was just hoping to see if anyone had any imput as to what it might be and what they may do to or for him. i kept thinking it was dirt marks from him playing outside all the time and being the boy that he is i expect bruises on him especially since he isnt afraid of anything and seems to get hurt from doing certain things. i would appreciate any and all information that is given to me about this issue. thank you in advance.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I can understand your concern. Bruised legs can be due to low platelet count, clotting disorders, fragile spider veins, deep vein thrombus, deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K, a liver disease or certain cancers. It could also be due to pressure urticaria.
Another possibility is contact dermatitis due to an allergic reaction to something his legs come in contact with.
These are a few things (not all) that the doctors will look for. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.