Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
burning pain in abdomen, burning when I pee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

So within the past few months, i've been getting this burning pain, in different locations in my abdomen. Sometimes it will be stomach level, sometime upper chest on both sides. Every 2 months or so, I get this terrible pain when I hold in my pee. I don't hold it in for long, but just if i'm watching a movie at the theatre etc. The pain radiates throughout my whole abdomen, from groin to upper chest, and it isn't relieved when I pee. My girlfriend had to comfort me once, and lie me down in the fetal position, and had to take deep breaths for around 30 minutes+. I've been to the ER once, because the pain was so horrendous, and after waiting 10 hours, getting a urine test by doctors who barely even looked at me, nothing. I was sent packing with absolutely NO answers. Another time, I woke up with this pain, and when I peed, it burned pretty bad. I am sexually active with one person, and have never had unprotected sex, so an std is out of the question. My mum told me it could be some sort of urinary infection that has spread.
Any thoughts?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability you have a stone somewhere in the urinary system that is causing pain on and off and a burning sensation when you pass urine. Your need a urine examination and a CT scan of abdomen to look for stones. Other than that it can be a STD. Hence also get a STD panel done despite the fact that you have protected sex, accidents do happen. It can also be a severe UTI that has affected urinary bladder as well. Please consult an urologist. Take care!
hi
Yes the symptoms do point towards a Urinary Tract Infection. but it doesn't need to spread anywhere to cause the pain. Get another test done on your urine. you haven't mentioned fever, is there fever associated with the burning? Flank pain? Nausea? vomiting? How long after relieving your bladder does the pain subside? A small stone in the urinary system may need to be considered. get an ultrasound of your pelvis.
kidney stone?
Thanks for the reply!
I do occasionally get random chills or fever that last a few minutes. I always thought it was caused by my hypothyroidism. My abdomen isn't sensitive to the touch, as I have read which is a symptom of kidney stones. No nausea or vomiting. The pain associated with urinating only happens once in a while, and the pain usually subsides anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. The pain I seem to be getting on a day to day basis, seems to be either located around my stomach area, or around the area of under each breast.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!