Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
chest and arm pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

chest and arm pain

im 25 and have had chest pains on and off for 3 years now,started off for 2 years in my chest around my heart and doctors put it down to a strained heart muscle caused by work.Now recentley this year in early January i got the worst pain yet in chest(in heart),which gave me a panic attack and i genuinely thort i was dyeing there and then but doctors put it down to strain and stress again but now a month on my pain is now occasionally near heart but most pain now near top of my chest on the left about 3 bones(ribs) down and radiates also to my shoulder and all way down arm(left only and always never right), and arm pain is constant and aches alot, leading to a tingle in my left hand any one any ideas.
i have never had any history of any other medical problems and doctors say my body health is as good as it can be.
I can relate to most comments on here. I have suffered with chest and arm pain for quite a few years. Pain in left shoulder radiating down my arm. Usually worse at night. Pain on a scale of 1-10 . About 15 . I have been to hospital on many occasion and they say can't find anythin. The pain is awful and very frightening. I often sit awake most nights with heat pads wrapped around my arm and chest. I sometimes think that if i were having a heart attack i wouldn't be able tell differance. I had extra ribs in my neck which were removed 15 years ago. I am convinced they have done some damage. Can anyone help. Why worse at night.