Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
chills and other problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

chills and other problems

ok so here i go with my long list of symptoms.
I have been getting chills with no fever, pain on the left side of my stomach by my ribs and through my back, randomly nauseous but no vomiting or change in bowel movements, and weight loss. I have seen my doctor. I have had blood work done and everything is normal, I also had an ultrasound of the gallbladder and everything was normal, I also had a HIDA scan of the gallbladder and everything was normal. This has been going on for 2 months now. My doctor says my next step is to see a gastroenterologist too have an endoscopy. Does anyone have any ideas or help with what it could be?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Pain under left ribs and chiils can be due to H pylori infection. This can be diagnosed with carbon urea breath test. It is treated with a combination of antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, and with antacids, and diet and lifestyle changes.
Chills without fever can be due to low blood sugar or hypoglycemia or due to low vitamin B12.
The commonest causes of chills with fever are UTI, viral fever, pneumonia, typhoid and ear inections. It can also be malaria which is often difficult to catch by diagnostic tests.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
hey! I was tested for h pylori and it was negative. i was also checked for a uti and low blood sugar and my thyroid and those were all normal. I am currently taking a proton pump inhibitor and it seemed to help a little bit but i still feel horrible. if you have any other ideas of what it could be please let me know. Thank you!