Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dizzy spells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

dizzy spells

I've been experiencing light headed or dizziness for the last 3 days.  It becomes easily noticable when I'm on the computer or driving.  There is no headaches but i do have slight general fatigue and weakness in the legs.  
I am a smoker and coffee drinker and occasionally smoke Marijuana.  I noticed the dizziness after a night of drinking, However I usually don't drink.
I assumed it was a hangover but the dizziness has not gone away yet. I also recently bought an inversion machine for hanging upside down.  I've owned it for almost two weeks, and did use the machine a few days prior to this starting. I wonder if this has anything to do with the dizziness?  The dizziness is pretty persistent throughout the day, and usually only get relief when I lay down.  I've been eating well and drinking lots of fluids, And have never encountered symptoms like this in my past.  I'm 27 years old and fairly healthy, as the weather has gotten nicer I've been a lot more active.  In the last two weeks I've gotten many workouts.  I also hadn't eaten much the weekend this started, so i dismissed the initial dizzy spells as low blood sugar.  But 3 days later, I'm still dizzy all day long.  Someone please Help

Adam      
you could have an infection inside your ear and not know it.. not like a regular ear infection.. i had one.. and i had no pain..  it was a virus that I had in my ear.. but i do remember that I had started goingoutside more when it started.. it took several months for the dizziness to stop.. but.. i am alot more prone to it now.. i get it often..

another thing... it could be allergies.. and keep in mind.. you can get them at any time..

when you experience the dizziness.. do you become alarmed? i mean.. like panicky.... the weakness that you are experiencing could be the affects of the anxiety that the dizziness causes...

are you having dizziness like..

Spininng around the room dizzy?

vertigo?

like shaking your hewad from side to side alot?

what kind of dizzy is it?

i have most of the same feelings like adam but my ears feal like thay have water in them only one. i dont smoke nothing but i do drink some times it has been happing for a wile i juat came to pay it no mind and let it pass i dont eat like i should but i do work out some times and i have been under a lot of stress alot!!! but i am trying to find out what it could be
Thanks for writing to the forum!

Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck. In your case an ear infection can be the reason.
Other causes are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems. GERD is also possible as you smoke, take too much of coffee and drinks.

I think you should discuss this with your doctor. Get your blood pressure checked. Also you may need to get some tests done. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!