Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
dry skin in penis is cracking a causing cuts?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

i have had a recent development,  the skin around my penis has gotten swolen and was a bit painfull so i scrubed the heck out of it with my normal soap after 2 days the swelling went down and thats when i notice fine cuts that when i got erections re open the skin is now getting very dry and im starting to get worried. i put on some neosporin for the cuts and it was healing but i got a erection and well new cuts should i be worried and got se a doctor and if i do what kind a doctor should i see?
some time ago I developed a problem , I discovered the tip of my foreskin developed dry skin and the surrounding area developed stretch marks of sorts but they were more like tears or cracks and since have not healed yet and hurts to pull back the foreskin I was doing research and i thought it was a yeast infection so i was told to try a tube of canestan cream i have been using it a week now its slightly better but the tearing is still there.

what would you make of it ?
I seem to be having the same problem as you.  what response did you get as to problem and what kind of doctor to see?
Avatar n tn
I had this EXACT problem when I was about 12 years old, and my parents dragged me to doctor. It is emberassing until you realize the doctor is exuding sympathy more than anything else. It is similar to a yeast infection, and dollars to doughnuts you will be given a cortisol cream which will clear it up within a couple days. Emberassment at the clinic will only last 10 minutes, and right after you will be so glad you went.

Without examination,confirming a diagnosis is tough but the various possibilities for your symptoms are contact dermatitis,sweat dermatitis,eczema,psoriasis and balanitis xerotica obliterans.

Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash) and can cause dryness of the skin and rashes.Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Lichen sclerosis appears as white,dry plaques on the glans (glands), foreskin or shaft of the penis.Balanitis xerotica is a severe form of lichen sclerosis.Psoraisis (psoriasis) can also cause dry ,itchy skin rashes.

In my opinion a clinical examination by a dermatologist will help in confirming a diagnosis as treatment depends on the same.Pls get it done.Till then you should apply hypoallergenic moisturizers liberally and avoid any cosmetic cream on the site.Application of corticosteroid cream will also help.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and what the dermatologist says.

THE HEAD OF MY PENIS IS RED AND RAW... IT DOESN'T HURT TO USE THE BATHROOM, BUT IT'S PAINFUL TO HAVE SEX. IT HURTS ALL THE TIME.AND HURTS TO PULL BACK THE FORESKIN TO. WHAT DO I NEED TO TO!!!!
Avatar n tn
dude i think you have ballanitis.It's not that serious don't worry too much about it wash it reguraly and you can put some cream on it. ask someone who knows which cream you should use.

Don't forget i'm not a doctor just a guy who had ballanitis
Any with that problem it sound like a fungus it like to live on nice a dry skin dat breaking away so use a cream called Batemethasone it should help wash regulary an try to buff away some if the dead skin
Had the same problem for 6 to 7 months but found the cure, if u want to call it that.

Materials include hydrgen peroxide, hydrocortisone cream, and neosporin. Use cream and neo on alternating days.

For those who have thin red lines it will burn and sting but mine went away after a wek of my treatment.

It seems to bean infection via bacteria so peroxide should be used. To dry out and kill bacteria that liv e in moist environment. Apply during morning and night. Let it bubbl and leave it on as long as possible, I did it2-3 times a day. After pat drying apply cream/neo to entire inected area depending on day. Works in a week even with random hard ons. If urg rises to do your thing always put peroxide and cream on afterwords.

Hope this helps it the only thing that worked for me good luck.
Use peroxide to kill bacteria and hydrocortisone cream after you dr it. Had al symptoms above for nearly 6 months off an on finally tried somthing and it worked. If urge comes to do ur thing through the pain just make sure you put more hydrogen peroixd and cream on. Up to 3 times a day I peroxided and applied cream gone within a week. Burning/ stinging should be expexcted, peroxide is only for drying out the place where bacteria live/ multply and cream must prevent growth and hep heal. Like I said6 days or so nd gone besides little white scar lines from u kno what.

Good luck, may ur shaft be healthy