Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
elephant on my chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

elephant on my chest

i feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest or like my chest and lungs are beig squeezed to death and its making me feel like im not getting enough air in my lungs to breathe.. do i need to go to e.r.
YES!!! Go to the ER Now! Go NOW! It may be a mild heart attack which can happen at any age to anybody. Or it may get worse and then it will be too late. Many heart problems in people go undetected until symptoms show up like crushing chest pain or trouble breathing. even nausea can be a sign of heart problems. or they collapse. Dont mess with it. Best case scenario. its asthma or a panic attack. at least you will know what you are dealing with and can relax and take steps to deal with it. But if it is something worse you want to know so you can deal with that too. Either way if you havent already, Go to the er asap!!!
If you have seen the commercial about the elephant sitting on a person, it is most likely that whatever they are talking about is a possibility that you may have it. Talk to your doctor before you make any assumptions.
sounds like asthma i would go to the Er better safe then sorry , feel better hun
You need to go to an ER immediately. Asthma is a possibility, but there are other possibilities. It is unlikely you are having a heart attack (but possible). A common cause of such a sudden onset problem in an otherwise healthy young person is an embolysm or blood clot blocking the main blood supply to the lungs.