foot nerve pain
Sharp shooting pain at inside of left foot just below ankle. Could it be nerve pain? Any suggestion of cure? Pain lasts only few seconds but recurs at intervals of 12 seconds or 40 seconds.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Pain on the inner side of the ankle at the attachment of tibialis posterior muscle can cause pain when the tendon of this muscle is inflamed. Dislocation of peroneal muscle tendon can also cause shooting pain. Stress fractures of medial malleolus, tarsal tunnel syndrome, and rupture of tendon of peroneus brevis are the other possibilities. It could also be due to impingement of a nerve. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor (PCP) and get a referral for an orthopedic specialist. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!