freezing after knee replacement surgery
my husband has had knee replacement surgery six weeks ago... He is freezing all the time... Cannot get warm... What can be done to prevent that and why?  Does anyone know... then he has a cronic neck muscle that has gotten so sore he cannot more his neckl.... why?  He does not sleep well.  I need some help and answers?  Anyone please

This discussion is related to Muscle Spasms after knee replacement surgery.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The freezing feeling could be due to compression of nerve in the neck. Following general anesthesia, due to neck being stretched on operation table, this can happen. Consult a doctor and see. The commonest cause of feeling cold is low external temperature. There can be several other causes like hypothyroidism, liver diseases, low Vit B12, adrenal insufficiency, liver failure and as a side effect of some drugs. Maybe some medicine your husband is taking is causing this as a side effect or staring the liver. Chills are also felt when a fever is about to start in case of malaria and bacterial infections due to release of toxins. One can also feel chilled if you are about to break into viral fever.
Since I cannot examine your husband and know other related conditions he may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!