i Cant move my left arm
I am a 36 yr old male with a history of hypertension,insulin dependant diabetes,sleep apnea,Hyperlipidemia,acute chronic pancreatitus and degenerative disk disease(currently flairing up in lumber reigon. Heres my problem; two weeks ago monday i woke up with a extremely stiff neck and neck pain. Over the course of the week the pain progressed down my left shoulder almost to the tip of my elbow. I can move my hand, elbow and fingers are fine but i cant lift my arm straight out straight back or out sideways. Basically no shoulder movement at all. it just wont move. I can move my arm with my other hand and the pian stays the same. i've just had a cspine xray and cspine mri which are both negative. I just had an mri of the left shoulder but results are'nt back yet. my neuro and ortho are both stumped and im tired of loss of that arm and the pain.
todd
I'm not a big fan of the CT scans or MRI's.  It took years and many MRI's for them to finally find the hericated disc.  My symptoms never changed and were always the same, so I know for a fact that the problem was there all along and it was just not seen by the wonderful MRI or the person reading the film.  I still have problems and I will wake up at night and can't move my arm, but it is normally goes away in a few minutes.  I was lucky because I have always hasd good health insurance.  I would change doctors if they can't help you.  Good luck!
check out http://www.ubpn.org/