looks like a pimple but won't pop
I have a pimple but it won't pop. It developed behind my ear about a week and a half ago and it hurts. It's very tender and feels like you could pop it. After five days of using minor skin treatments and ointments i decided to try and pop it. I had my sister try and pop it with a sterilized needle but only a slight amount of pus barely visible appeared. She concluded that there was no fluid in the bump and it seemed like she was only poking more skin. Another possibility is it could be an ingrown hair, but there was none to be found, unless it's deeper within. A few day later another small bump appeared two inched above the first and has the same characteristics as the first. The two boil/pimple/wart things have not receded and continue to cause me discomfort and pain especially as I sleep. Is there a topical ointement for this? Or is it more serious than I thought?
I had the same thing, only mine was just below the left corner of my mouth.  I couldn't get mine to pop either and after a while, just gave up on it and left it alone.  It kept growing so I eventually asked the doctor about it.  It turned out to be a benign cyst.  My advice is make an appt and check with your doc.  Chances are it's nothing to worry about but if it is a cyst, it will have to be removed by a professional.
Welcome to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examination.  Lump behind the ear could be an abscess, folliculitis (hair follicle infection), lipoma (localized collection of fat), a cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue).
I agree with ladeanjanel that you should get this professionally examined by a doctor and not attempt to do something yourself. If it is a cyst your popping it could infect it.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!