Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
low body temp with chest pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

low body temp with chest pains

I am a 56 year old female that has been having chest pains that go into left shoulder and down left arm and up left side of neck into left jaw but now go into left face that feels almost numb.  My temp has been running 95.3 to 97.5 for the last 4 months.  It has been taken at different times of day and night.  Usually the chest pains start while I a walking or doing anything even mopping floor.  Live on a farm on side of mountain.  Before the heavy chest then chest pains started almost 2 years ago, I was hiking mountain, running up hills or walking a mile in 15 minutes.  Now I have to walk slow to the mailbox which is 1/4 mile one way which is the flattest way or thru pasture and 4 gates that is all down to mailbox and up to house.  I had a stress test, heart cath, Echo, Ct scans, PFT, esophagus tests and 5 doctors and no one has a clue.  I tried to get my primary doc to run thyroid but he said no because the tsh4 was within range.  T3 was out of range but he says they don't use that anymore.  What do I do from here or who might know what to do?  They are getting more often.  Thanks for any helpt!
DO NOT mess around with chest pains that you are describing. ALL of your symptoms are indictitive of cardiac symptoms, especially since all of your symptoms appear upon exertion.  I see the tests you list youve had. You need to have a Thyroid Cascade checked and follow up with your cardiologist. In addition, you do not list your cholesterol profile readings.  What are your HDL, LDL and triglycerides?
I know this may sound crazy, but have you seen an Orthospinology  Chiropractor?  [not just a Chiropractor, an Orthospinologist, they're different] to see if you don't have a problem with nerves being pinched by your spine.  I know, I know, the doctors ran tests, but sometimes it takes a doctor who sees with a new set of standards to find out what may be causing your problem.  Good luck.
My primary doctor refused to run the thyroid tests so now I have to find a new primary doctor.  Not sure where to even look. We live in a rural area and doctors within 15 miles are not taking new patients.  I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple of weeks.  I have seen 2 heart doctors and they can't find anything wrong with my heart other than my oxygen goes up and down.  They say I have sleep apnea and quit breating so my oxygen levels go crazy.  I also have a lot of allergies so I have trouble using the CPAP every night because I can't breath but when I can use it all night then I feel tired all day. As of 01/20/2011  triglycerides - 101, Hdl - 84, Ldl - 134.  I had all of them good, total 178, until they took me off the Vytorin and didn't put me on anything for 3 months and they the total went to 299.  Now I am on Pravastatin 20mg.  The closest ER is 40 minutes and that is where I went in Feb. 2010 and by the time I get there the pains have stopped so they can't figure anything out.  Heart problems run very much in my family on both sides and my mom had most of the same symptoms I am having and they kept telling her it was gall bladder then hiatal hernia for over a year then she had a major heart attack, had triple bypass and in a coma for 13 days.  This was 11 years ago and she is doing good now.
My own clinical impression is that this is a variant migraine with the numbness as the aura.This can mimican heart condition. Check wiith your doc. ok?
I have had migraines since 1981 when I was in a car wreck that I hit my head three times. They have always acted the same and run in cycles. They are on the left side of my head and behind the left eye. They now last for almost 3 months at a time but not real bad each day but get pretty bad 2 to 3 days a week during that time.  The 3 month time gets further apart each year.  

I want to thank everyone that has responded to me.  I am looking into these.  
THANKS!
I saw the neurologist yesterday and he wanted to know why I was told to see a neurologist.  He didn't have a clue as to what to do other than go see my cardiologist again.  He did run a blood test for Lymes disease.  He said he has seen on 2 rare cases of chest pains and face numb with a pinched nerve in the neck so getting a MRI next week.
Thanks everyone!
All help is appreciated!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, not all human beings have the perfect bookish body temperature.  A person can have a ‘normal body temperature’ that would become lower in certain instances. Another person can have a lower temperature without any cause.
However, since you have chest pains as well, and have had extensive cardiac examination and follow-up, then you need to rule out thyroid disorders, adrenal gland problems, anemia, diabetes, hypoglycemia, liver diseases, low Vit B12, and vasovagal attacks.
You may need to see a specialist in internal medicine for this. Also your gynecologist may also be able to help you by running tests for female hormones and thyroid. Menopause too can cause these symptoms. Take care!
I have always had a normal temperature until about 6 months ago and that is when the chest pains have started coming just about every day and heart doctor had me trying different meds to see if it was angina or heart spasms.  I see an internal medicine doctor next week.
Thanks for all your help!