lymph node on one side of the neck
Hello
I am really confused by a small moveable hard node on the right side of the neck beside throat. Its on the place where you take pulse i think its called carotid artery. Its also not visible but can be felt by very slightly pushing in. Its also more palpable than the one on the left. My dad whos a doctor didnt feel much but hetold me to get checkdd by ent just in case. .
My questions
1. What is the name of this node?
2. If this lymph node on right is bigger than left does it mean that  its swollen or its just bigger?
3. I had swollen gums(left) because of wisdom tooth before  4 mmonths the infection spread to throat  and was treated by antibiotics my dentist said my wisdom tooth were crooked and needed removal which i have not done yet. One month after that i had sore throat again. I have ear pressure in the right ear i cant pop my ear open completely. Also sometimes i get mild pain in right ear and weird jaw feelings after waking up when i sleep on the right side of my body. Do you think my wisdom tooth infection has spread or moved. Can an infection be present with such mild symptoms?
4 can a tooth ache cause node to swell?
Any infection can cause lymph nodes to swell, and they don't have to swell evenly.  Usually, when you have a cold, the infection is symmetrical and so are they lymph nodes, but this isn't always the case.  

As for your infection spreading, I think you'd feel worse if that were the case, but the ENT should be able to tell you more definitively.
Thanks for replying
Its been 2 months almost since i first noticed the node. Do you know of any causes which makes it swollen for so long? Its also not painful.
My dentist said i had caries in many teeth can this cause the node to swell?
I'm not sure if a cavity would do it or not.  Something as simple as acne or razorburn could do it, though.  I actually have a bit of a lymph node that I can feel in the same location (there isn't one on the other side that's palpable), but I don't think there's anything wrong with me.  It's possible that some lymph nodes are just different.  The ENT should be able to tell you if that's actually true.
Thanks!