my calves ad ankle stay indented when I push on them leaving deep holes why is this
I have deep indentation in my calves and shins when I push in they stay indented for 5-10 minutes why is this happening and is it serious

This discussion is related to pain in legs when lying on them.
It sounds like you have pitting edema (swelling). If you have shortness of breath associated with this, you should contact your doctor. Sometimes the heart and lungs have a hard time pumping the body's fluids and it causes the fluid to build up in your legs. You should plan to see your doctor as soon as you can.
It sounds like you might have some edema/water retention...try a water pill to flush your system...
Hi, perhaps some nice slow walking in comfortable shoes would help.
Sometimes just sitting a lot or locking the knees puts pressure one the back of your thighs and reduces various body fluid flows to the lower legs.

This is one of the evaluation tests performed by an EMT or a triage nurse when evaluating a person with swollen legs at a hospital. The "pitting" is rated at #1, #2, #3 or #4. The number is arrived at by timing how long the indentation takes to return to normal.

Sometimes it is due to varicose veins or phlebitis, but often there are more serious causes, specifically systemic disease of the kidneys and heart.

Clearly, a person with this problem needs an immediate, complete evaluation at a medical facility. The "pitting" is a yellow flag for a life-threating illness, which must be identified and treated. So yes, this is "serious".

You have to make an appointment with an M.D. soon. Not necessarily tomorrow, but as soon as possible.
I saw a Dr. Today is but not My Dr.,Iwent in telling him of the leg pains the pitting which by your empt. stantards would be a 4He Put me on 40mg o fLasix and gave me an inhaler Advai.Because of my chest painsI had my bags packed because I know had I'd seen my other DR.I would have went to the hospital.I know I should be in the hospital and I am going to call him and make another appiontment. This other Dr didn't take blood work and I tried to explain the swolleness,the weight gain,and the pains in my legs the shortnessofbreatheIdo think I need My real DR by the wayyou have been tookind to me and I appreciate it.
I would just go for emergent care if it was me.  I would not take this situation LIGHTLY.