numbness behind the knee
I am having numbness in my right foot and a mild pain and numbness behind my right knee.  What could be going on?
Maybe your blood is not circulating in your body as it should be.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have is probably sciatica. This happens due to compression of the spinal nerves in the lumbo-sacral spine region. This can happen due to overuse of the lower back as in work requiring too much of bending, lifting weight, fall on the back, overweight, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. Poor posture while sleeping, sitting on computers or jobs for a long time, uneven bed, exposure of back to cold air while sleeping can cause a discomfort for a few days.  Take a multivitamin, plenty of fluids, and an OTC analgesic. Apply a local analgesic and apply a heating pad and see if it helps. If this does not help, consult a neurologist. A MRI of the spine will be definitely required and nerve conduction studies may also be needed. The treatment is to remove the compression. You have to discuss the best treatment option with a neurologist, which can range from medication to physiotherapy to traction, lumbar belts, lumbar corsets or even surgery.
Take care!
I have the same problem and I have severe back and neck pain and my husband who is not a doctor suspected it should be from poor posture and arising from back pain. I am wondering pelvic lift excercise and neck excersice will help? Does walking improve the circulation?
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.