Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
numbness in upper leg and lower right back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

my right upper leg on the right side has been numb for about 1 month and I get shooting pains up my leg sometimes, the leg is a little tingly but the skin is numb. What is causing this? Also my lower back on the right side hurts continuously, is this related?
Yes this is all related.It sounds like you have degenerative disc disease or a pinched nerve.I am only giving you my opinion.You will have to see a doctor about this condition.Make an appointment today.Take care.
I have the same kind of pain!! Mine started about a yr ago, mostly in my right upper leg, closer to the knee than the groin and also hurts in the lower right side of my back!When I stretch to the left with my right arm it almost feels like a tearing of something,very painful. As for my upper legs....numbness, tingling and then the burning starts.....has made me cry more times than I care to count!! My legs only bother me when I'm standing still or moving very slowly, the longer I stand the more intense the burning, within 3 minutes of sitting the pain is almost gone however, the numbness seems to be permanent.I've been to several Dr's over the last 2 yrs because of some other health problems that came on suddenly and landed me in the hospital for 5 days....odd though, not 1 Dr has figured out what's wrong. I have 3 different Drs tell me that this kind of pain in my legs is normal....alot of people are bothered by it. At this point I would almost give my firstborn for a Dr that would really listen and then connect the dots. I'm also having problems regulating my BP and sugar....lightheaded for the first 5-6 hrs of the day, nausated after I eat.....and no, I'm not a hypo....I just want my health back to where it was 2yrs ago. Sorry this is sooooo very long, I wish all of you the best!!