Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
please suggest the proper cause...i m worrying too much..

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi guys - I've had traces of blood in saliva over the years on & off for about 4 years.
Just recently ( last week ) really pronounced - not just traces but discolouring when I spit. Also is the worrying dull vague pain left hand side, behind last rib - feels like something not right. Been there a couple years but co-incided with escalation of blood traces. I am worried !!!
please go to er and get it checked,stop playing the waiting game and get a result,so you know it will put your mind at ease
Are you a smoker or do you have any respiratory problems? Due to the vague information provided its hard to go off of, can you give more detailed info?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Smoking, alcohol use, gastritis, acidity, tumors of stomach and food pipe, bleeding gastric ulcer, cancer of stomach, erosion of lining of food pipe, bleeding veins at esophageal (food pipe) sphincters etc all cause vomiting of blood (in severe cases) or blood to come up into the mouth. This can be fresh red if coming from a place above the stomach. It can be brown or coffee colored if coming from the stomach.  Tumors of the oral cavity, pyorrhea or pus in gums and Vitamin C deficiency can cause bleeding from mouth.
The other possibility is that you are coughing up blood. This can be due to bronchitis or pneumonia, lung cancers (especially in smokers), tuberculosis, bronchiectasis, pulmonary embolism, or fungal and other infections. However the blood in saliva will be accompanied by coughing.
Discuss these possibilities with your doctor.  A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. In your case it could just be gastritis and acidity with gastric reflux. However you need to consult a doctor for confirmation.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!