random red patch on arm
Hi guys,
Randomly this morning whilst I was at work I noticed I had randomly got a oval shaped red patch on my right arm, on the lower inside bit, not itchy, not hot, not flaky. Just like normal skin but red...

heres a link for you to see it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/KTskaBassist/rash.jpg

I havent been in contact with anything that I dont normally have contact with (aka cats/dogs, creams, perfume and other potential irritants). I have an ear infection/swolen glands under my left ear too at the moment, having a a bit of a stressful time at work, so im a little run down :(

Any ideas what this red patch is?

Ta for any help you may all give :)
You can develop allergies to anything you come in contact with daily, like for example, i never used to be allergic to silver, but now i am.. point is an allergy can develop at any time and best thing to do is go see an Allergy Specialist and get tested. Good luck to you. sincerely, Elizabeth
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The red patch could be due to clot in the deep vein or due to atherosclerosis. It could also be due to pressure urticaria. It could also be inflamed lymphatic system. Generally these are diagnosed by duplex ultrasound or color dopplar. Please consult your PCP for confirmation. Hope this helps. Take care!