severe abdominal pain & elevated liver enzymes
As briefly as possible, have had pain under left rib cage since 2005 that feels like someone is taking a visegrip wrench and squeezing the heck out of me. More recently pain has migrated to middle abdominal area and right abdominal area. Have had elevated liver enzyme levels on and off past couple of years. Had gallbladder out 4 years ago. Spent Sunday morning in the ER. Having ultrasound done this upcoming Friday. Any guesses about what's going on? Anybody out there had this issue before? Not freaking out, in fact, unbelievably calm, but REALLY want to find out what's going on here!
Might be NASH (Non alcoholic liver disease).  I have a fatty liver with cysts and it hurts right under my ribs on the right side.  Had ct scans and they tell me not to worry.  But it hurts.  I take Milk Thistle and it seems to help.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. My dad actually has diabetic induced cirrhosis of the liver, and my mom has a fatty liver. Neither parent has ever been an alcohol drinker, and neither am I. Hopefully, I'll find out that my condition is not serious. The pain can be horrific at times. I feel like a big mass of muscle or something under my left rib cage is being squeezed like crazy. This symptom began within six months of having completed radiation treatments for breast cancer, so I attributed the pain to complications of the treatment. That was in 2005. In the past year the pain has begun moving across my abdomen and toward the right side. I ended up in the ER this past weekend because the pain was so severe that my heart rate and blood pressure jumped so high. The pain is not in the lower part of my belly but is in the top part of my stomach. My intestines literally roll, almost like they are changing positions internally. I'll post the results of Friday's ultrasound next week when I find out the results. Anyway, thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
Hepatitis, get to a lab for blood test
Like a lot of people, I've been googling all my symptoms, and hepatitis came up during my searches. Having said that, I don't know how I could have acquired hepatitis. I read of all the possible risk factors, and none of them apply to me. Though I have had a number of surgeries, I've never had to have blood. I don't (and never have) consumed alcohol or done drugs, and I was one of those "good" girls who never had sex before my husband. Are there other risk factors? Thanks for your input.
P.S. I've had a lot of blood work, so I'm sure that has been tested for, but I'll be sure to check.
I have the exact same problem only my pain is directly in the center and radiates off to the right side. Did you find out what was going on with you? I have been suffering with this for 13 yrs. With no answer from all my Drs. and specilists. So if you have any idea please let me know!!