Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
severe nightime inner thigh cramps

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

severe nightime inner thigh cramps

I need an answer for severe night time inner thigh cramps. sometimes traveling up and down the leg to the groin area. and down to the foot. usually in the thigh. i have tried  using a product called "leg cramps" and it is quinine but it really hasn't helped. it is the worse pain i have ever had .. I have read that others have the same pain and wonder if anyone has found an answer for it.

This discussion is related to inner thigh pain while sleeping or immediately after sleep.
asked your doctor about this problem are google this information
It is possible you have a low potassium or calcium level.  Also things like dehydration,  fibromyalgia, peripheral vascular or artery disease.  I recommend going to the doctor and having your potassium and calcium levels checked, drinking plenty of water, limit caffeine, eat plenty bananas, eat dairy, and stretch your muscles in your legs prior to going to bed.  I hope this helps
I get terrible leg cramps, so I eat banans for the potassium and it works.  So you could try that. :)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Cramps in groin and thigh while sleeping can be due to low iron, magnesium,calcium or folate, sleep disorder like restless leg syndrome or due to a pinched superficial nerve. Try decreasing the use of caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco. Take supplements to correct deficiencies in iron, folate, and magnesium. Taking a hot bath and massage the legs with warm oil or a heating pad. Some benefit by using an ice pack. Consult a sleep specialist.
If this does not help then, consult a neurologist, to rule out nerve compression.This may be superficial (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve), as it comes from the hip area and gets pinched. This condition is called meralgia paresthetica and is often due to weight gain or wearing tight clothes and belts. Losing some weight or wearing loose clothes and belts often helps relieve the pain/numbness/tingling. Also injection of lignocaine (anesthetic agent) at the site helps. In your case you can apply a pain reliever at the site.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Avatar n tn
thanks for all your help. I hope something works ...
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Severe nightime inner thigh cramps was started.