Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
slurred speech, very tired
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

slurred speech, very tired

why is my speech slurred and very very tired
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Extreme tiredness, high fever, hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, high blood sugar, kidney problems causing brain fog, liver problems causing brain fog, low electrolytes, brain lesions, very high blood pressure, alcohol or drug intoxication, etc can all cause slurred speech with tiredness. Basilar migraine, complicated migraine, Parkinson’s disease, transient ischemic attacks, hyperthyroid states, and seizures should all be investigated for.  Please do not ignore this and consult a doctor ASAP or maybe go to the ER.  It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
If you haven't taken any medication that is supposed to make you tired and you haven't been drinking alcohol: Go to the ER in case you are experiencing a stroke!  Call 9-1-1.
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Extreme tiredness, high fever, hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, high blood sugar, kidney problems causing brain fog, liver problems causing brain fog, low electrolytes, brain lesions, very high blood pressure, alcohol or drug intoxication, etc can all cause slurred speech with tiredness. Basilar migraine, complicated migraine, Parkinson’s disease, transient ischemic attacks, hyperthyroid states, and seizures should all be investigated for.  Please do not ignore this and consult a doctor ASAP or maybe go to the ER.  It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Slurred speech, without an obvious cause, is really a reason to head for the ER. Don't pass go. Do not collect two hundred dollars. Don't go to work. Forget about the trip to Wal-Mart and the movie.

You have a "priority one" emergency.

As drnee pointed out there are numerous possibilities.

In a "worse-case" scenario you have a problem that might result in loss of brain function of paralysis if not diagnosed immediately. This not likely, but possible.

Go to an ER!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...