spots i've never had before
hi, for the last few months i've had some discolored spots appearing on my neck nad shoulders, they don't bother me too much, however they only started out small only a couple on my neck now it goes down my neck nad on my shoulder and now its on the other side they sometimes dry out and get a little itchy but not too bad. a friend of mine says they kind of look like psorisis or exezema, is it possible to get these when i've never had them until now? i've been using over the counter hydrocortizone for it it helps with the dryness but it doesn't get rid of them, any ideas or what it could be and what i could get to help it?
i thnk it's ecezema...use oil of oregano..........it wuld definitely help,u can ask me other problems by pm me........
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Actually your friend is right. Scaly rash could be due to atopic or contact dermatitis, psoriasis or even eczema. It can also be a fungal infection, Tinea versicolor.
Usually a skin specialist can diagnose by clinical examination. Otherwise, a skin biopsy may be ordered for confirmation. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!