Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
stomach pain/heartburn?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

stomach pain/heartburn?

so, in the past few months, I've been woken up out of my sleep by a weird stomachache. I can't really even explain the pain... it's localized entirely in my stomach, & feels like an almost cramping pain. it occasionally makes me feel somewhat nauseous, but not always. it doesn't feel like heartburn to me (I've dealt with heartburn on & off for the past year or two) because I always associate heartburn with a literal "burning" feeling, mostly leading up to my throat area, while this is entirely in the stomach. but it does only happen when I've had a good deal of heartburn-inducing foods that day/night (the first time it happened, I had eaten a huge garlicky spaghetti dinner, with lots of meat & sauce... that was the worst stomach ache).  it usually lasts at least an hour, but is not very consistent. it woke me up last night, after a day of eating mostly pizza, some spicy food, chocolate & soda (generally not my usual diet). I noticed that when I woke up, I was trying to find a comfortable position in my bed, but it wasn't subsiding... AS SOON AS I stood up, it almost entirely went away. I went to sit on the toilet (it doesn't cause diarrhea or really much bowel movement at all) & sitting in that position made it almost go away, too. since I wasn't DOING anything on the toilet, I returned to my bed after 10 minutes or so, and AS SOON as I layed down, it came back. after another 10 minutes of that, I returned to the toilet... it didn't go away as quickly this time, but after about 10 minutes or so it did. I went back to bed but instead of laying, propped my pillow against the headboard & basically sat straight up & it faded away. eventually, as I started drifting off, I inched back down into a sleeping position & it allowed me to sleep. waking up this morning, I can almost still feel residual (very dull) pain........ sort of like when you have diarrhea/stomach cramps & the after it subsides, you can still feel little pangs of it almost.

wtf is this?????????? please, any ideas would be helpful.
i am moving this up because i'd really like some input!!!
please? someone? :/

The pain and symptoms which you have suffered are highly suggestive of an ulcerative disease of the stomach/duodenum (1st part of intestine).  The pain of the ulcer occurs usually in the night and since there’s some thing known as the gastro esophageal reflux and thus the acid comes up in the esophagus resulting in the worsening of the symptoms when one is lying down when one stands up due to the effect of gravity most of the acid goes into the intestine and thus facilitating a relief in the symptoms. I strongly feel that you should consult a gastroenterologist and maybe you’ll need an endoscopy to find out the exact cause.

Meanwhile, some antiulcer drugs like nexium/prilosec/ Mylanta/maylox etc may help which you should take after consulting your physician.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted.

Warm regards.
thank you for that! how serious of an ulcerative disease? the pain is never too great - like I said, it feels more like a cramping than anything else. it is highly uncomfortable. the most annoying part is that it keeps me up. my bowel movements have been totally normal, in frequency & in uh... texture?
anyone else? :(