Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
thigh pain, streak developing

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

thigh pain, streak developing

A week ago, I fell 15 feet when a ladder kicked out from from me.  I landed tangled up in it, but fortunately the ladder stopped about a foot short of the ground by landing on a big box.  Short of lots of big bruises and minor scrapes on my left leg (and a concussion), I am recuperating fine.  However, last night, a few I guess lymph nodes on my bikini line were and still are very small, hard, and tender (thought it was an ingrown hair at first).  This morning a sharp pain had developed from the nodes down about 8 inches.  Now at 3:30 in the afternoon, a slight streaking is developing.  Any ideas?
Avatar n tn
I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you may have an infection from your fall (or something else).  Get to a doctor - you need to be evaluated now.
Avatar n tn
I didn't go to the doctor as mine decided that it was time to retire and I haven't found a new one yet and the idea of going to the ER is well...  But as an update, a nurse friend of mine suggested researching phlebitis (an inflamed vein).  Sure enough, I have all the symptoms of trauma induced phlebitis.  Things are looking MUCH better, but I'm staying off my feet as much as possible, trying to be careful, and watching out for any signs of clotting.  My bruises are slowly disappearing; until they are gone, I guess I have a good excuse to kick back and relax!  One ? though: will this vein always be more inclinded to be future inflammation?  Any ideas (short of staying away from ladders)on how to prevent future probs?