two periods in one month
i had my  period   earlier  in  the month   and  then i    got  it  again  today  and  i  wanted  to  know  what  would be  a  reason  i  would  get   two  of  them in  one  month   and  i know   this is porbly  the   wrong  site  to  ask  but  maybe  some  one  will know  the  answer
The most common reason for bleeding twice in one month occurs when a normal period begins on the first or second day of the month, and another arrives at the very end. The cycle from the beginning of one period and the beginning of another period is usually about 23 to 35 days apart.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sometimes periods can come twice a month in a cycle that is short, with one period coming in the first 4-5 days of the month and the second period starting in the month end. If you have short cycles of 24-26 days, then one period can start at beginning and other at the end. If you had a period say on the 2nd of a month, then in a 28 day cycle too, the period can come on 30th of the same month. However, this would mean that it will happen once 2-3 months and not every month. Polymenorrhea or bleeding from vagina more than once a month could be due to several causes such fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, uterine polyps, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems and bleeding disorders. It could also be due to an IUD implant if you have one or due to oral contraceptive pills. It can also be a part of severe pelvic inflammatory disorder. STDs like Chlamydia and gonorrhea too can cause this.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your gynecologist for primary examination.
Take care!
i used to get my period like that. sometimes i would go three months with no period then i would have 2 in one month there are lots of reasons why. sometimes it just happen