UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
vein pulsating from temple area
by nicecream, Sep 22, 2006
i can feel the vein pulsating by my right temple and i can feel it pretty easily... also i can feel a vein pulsating if i put my finger on it from my temple area to about half-way up the top of my head... does anyone else have this? is this the sign of anything bad? i am a hypochondriac... can anyone help? thanks...
Member Comments (11)
by Demiguise, Sep 24, 2006
Besides your wrist, the main artery at your neck near under
your ear, is were you take your pulse. This artery has veins/
vessels that extend up through your head. Sometimes we can
hear our heartbeat in/near ear. These then extend to temple area
up & around your brain area & start over again. Veins are different sz's & go different directions. It may come & go
depending on if you focus on it. If you are 60+ in age & can
see 'raised' purple/blue vein w/ discomfort, then you are just
fine. There are stabelizing meds for people that have your
hypochondiac condition (somethings wrong), but it's best to
join a group therapy. Many counties/cities offer minimal fee
session groups. Perhaps ph-bk or a care-prof. can locate. Even
hospitals can tell you by ph. if one is nearby or the number.
Worrying makes you more anxious & some have a ph-line to call.
Breathing/yoga also is helpful when you start believing in
the 'awful' must be happening. Next visit, just mention pulsing to your Dr. to ease things. Gd-luck.
by Nicki27, Apr 09, 2008
I too have this pulsating feeling on my right side of my temple. Is this something I need to be concern of. It feels very strange it is like a heart beat on the side of my head. Please respond back to me with this concern thank you.
by ross110, Jun 29, 2008
I woke up with verry visible blue veins spidering out from both my temple/ ear area.  They weren't puffy/protruding like"spider veins" and I'd never seen them before.  They were very very visible but did not hurt at all.  It was really scary.  After about 20 minutes they went away.  Is this anything I should worry about?
by serino, Sep 18, 2008
hi i googled this as it is exactly what i have so i understand your concern and don't think you need group therapy!  
every so often, the vein pulses and yes, i can also feel it against my finger.
i don't know the cause either.
btw i'm a nurse so no need for an a&p lesson!
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Sep 18, 2008

Three possibilities are there.First and foremost is temporal arteritis.It is a form of vascultitis.Diagnosed by ESR and biopsy of the vessel.

Second possibility is of tension headache. If you feel a band of pressure around your head, you may have a tension headache. Usually the pain will be on both sides or all around your head, but sometimes the pain is on one side.

Third possibility is of migraine headache. If you have a throbbing headache that's accompanied by sensitivity to light or sound, or you have nausea, you may have a migraine headache.

I feel that evaluation by a physician will be the best.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by blanco70, Sep 26, 2008
I have a splitting pain on my vein near my temple, and I also feel my pulse there. the pain comes and goes, and it started after jui jitsu class a week ago. it also gets more intense after I smoke weed. has anybody been to the doctor yet, and what did they prescribe? I have ****** insurance so I don't want to pay cash if I don't have to. please someone give me some good news.
by dexr, Nov 30, 2008
I have been having these "episodes", where I can also feel my veins pulsing and throbbing.  This happens around my temple area, my right wrist, left and right arm pit  and by my triceps and I can sometimes feel a prickle in my fingers.   I also have these weird piercing almost shooting pain go through my left chest. I can kinda feel like there is a vein there also going with tons of pressure.

I went to the ER at one point and they gave me some medicine to get my blood pressure down it was very high they said at around 170, which I learned is very no bueno.

I am not sure what is up.  The docs don't really have much of an answer for me and have just done blood tests for a few things.  I'm still waiting for more results soon

I "think", and I say it in "" because I am not sure what to think anymore.  My head is going crazy, I worry about so much **** that I shouldn't worry about and can't seem to get it out of my head.

It seems that the more I focus on the pain or for it to go away it just keeps getting worse. Sometimes I get these prickly pains all over my body and in my head, what I would say is my brain area or whatever it may be. maybe around the scalp..

I think some of this has to do with work and stress.  I also love to take a ride with mary jane, but lately it has kicked my *** because I "think" I developed an ulcer or something of that nature and when I take a hit my stomach starts to go crazy.  

Though this doesn't happen when I smoke regular smokes.  It only seems to happen to me when I am mostly alone and don't do anything but think.  If I am with someone it's not too bad, or not at all.  

I also sometimes see a cloud of smoke or waves in the air.  

I used to get migraines a lot when I was younger but hadn't had to much issues until recently.  When I get them I am sensitive to light, though I am always sensitive to smell and get migraines from certain smells such as paint thinners.

I have no idea what's going on and I dislike this feeling because these small prickly and vision things suck.  

Not sure if anyone else may have this **** out there or anyone else care to comment.

I am going ******* nuts over here, I'm trying to stay calm but my damn mind just keeps spinning around in circles trying to think what this **** could be and it just goes worse.  argg..

I am gonna try the yoga a bit more and quit my job for something less stressful.  anyone have any ideas?  I'm sure I am not giving enough info, but that's all that I was able to put down .. TIA
by entschuldigung, May 09, 2009
Lately the vein through my left temple always bulges out and pulsates whenever I smoke marijuana. I've been smoking for years and only now noticed this. I'm not sure whether it's from the supplements I've recently started taking, the more active lifestyle I've suddenly adopted, or if it's just developed over time, but I really would like to find a way to prevent it. I tend to be more self-conscious when I'm high, and the last thing I need is an unsightly bulge on the side of my head.
by islandg_007, Jun 03, 2009
I too have been getting bad headaches and a pulse near the temple area, happening for the past year, not everyday but a few days a week. I am 23 and smoker for 4-5 year. i tend to play quiete a bit of video games as well.If anyone has info, please email me at islandg_007***@****