Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
what is this lump on my ankle, its under the skin and painful to touch?...

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

what is this lump on my ankle, its under the skin and painful to touch?

I notice today that I have a swollen lump and it feels like there is a marble under my skin. I have had a lump like this under my arm pit before but never on my leg, this one is kinda different. Anyway it hurts to touch and there's a open area in the middle kind of like a pimple but not really. What could this be? Thanks.
you may have pulled a muscle. Does it hurt anywhere else or just on the bump. Another possible answer is a simple cyst. Which is a fancy way of saying a bump filled with fluid or liquid. I recently saw my doctor and had a similiar problem. My "bump" was on my outer thigh BOTH sides. What caused my issue? It was from giving myself Vitamin B 12 shots, lol!! The bump is just be the body's way of protecting itself. If it gets bigger, more swollen, or more painful SEE the doctor. If the spot opens up or turns into a sore especially with pus RUN to the doctor. Blessings, MG
Have them check for Ganglein sist they hold fluid by your joints not dangerous,they used to put a silver dollar over them and hit with something to disperse the fluid and then they go away.