Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
widows hump

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

widows hump

is there anyway to slow down widows hump.
  • Osteoporosis (1 replies):
    I'm in my early 30s and just found out I have severe Ost...[more]
  • calcium (2 replies):
    can you take to much calcium, i need it for done lose bu...[more]
1 Comment

The real cause of widow’s hump is not poor posture but osteoporosis. Osteoporosis, which is caused by thinning of the bones, is not just disfiguring, it can be debilitating also.

Prevention of widow’s hump is by prevention of osteoporosis. First line prevention of osteoporosis consists of adequate calcium and vitamin D in your diet.In premenopausal women it is 1000 mg and in post menopauasal women,it is 1500 mg/day.This is achieved by taking diet rich in calcium.

Secondly, it is important to be screened for osteopenia and osteoporosis as you get older so that the disease can be caught early and treated.For that x-rays measuring bone mineral density should be done regularly.
HopeI have provided you with sufficient information..Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries