Urgent Care Expert Forum
MY THROAT FEELS LIKE IT IS ON FIRE! THE PAIN IS A 10 ON A 1-10

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE HAS A LIGHTER LIT IN MY MOUTH AND IS JUST HOLDING IT THERE. IT WILL HURT FOR LIKE 30MIN SOLID THEN IF I COUGH THE RIGHT WAY IT GOES AWAY FOR A WHILE BUT THEN A COUPLE HOURS ITS BACK AGIAN.. IM EATING EVERY KIND ORF SOAR THROAT CANDY I CAN AND IT DOESNT HELP IS THERE ANY KIND OF MED FOR THIS OR WHAT SHOULD I DO???

ALSO ON THE END OF MY TOUNGE THERE WAS A LITTLE BUMP THERE FOR LIKE A MONTH THAT WAS ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND IT WENT AWAY BUT NOW ANYTHING HOT THAT THE END OF MY TOUNGE TOUCHES IT BURNS REALLY BAD FOOD TASTE ALOT DIFFERENT AND I CAN BARELY STAND TO BRUSH MY TEETH BECAUST WHEN THE TOOTH PASTE TOUCHES IT IT FEELS LIKE TEXAS HOT SAUSE I MEAN IT SERIOUSILY BURNS BAD ANY ADVICE? ALSO I NEED TO ADD THAT ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO I WAS USING COCAINE HEAVILY I USED FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS THEN QUIT ,BUT ALL THE SIDE AFFECTS FROM THAT HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A WHILE..ACCEPT THE TOUNGE ITS DONE IT SINCE I WAS USING POWDER,BUT THE THROAT PAIN JUST STARTED ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO THANKS
Aside from the bump, how is the appearance of your tongue? Noted any differences?

If you are a woman, are experiencing a hormonal imbalance?

Good suggestions already listed but I would also stay away from fluoridated toothpaste and mouthwash (salt water is good) until you feel better.

ok no im not a woman ,and my tounge looks fine sometimes you can see little white spots like taste buds ,but if i bite at the end of my tounge it feels weird. and on the throat issue i have tried it all... what is post nasel drip and what do they use for it thanks
Post nasal drip is a condition where the congestion in a person's sinuses drips down the back of the throat, causing pain.  A provider can see this by looking in the back of the throat and observing the nasal discharge draining down the back of the throat, and often sees lymph tissue swelling in the back which lookds like "cobblestoning" referring to the appearance of the swollen lymph tissue looking as bumpy as the old cobble stone roads.

Rinse out the congestion, and reduce the production of mucous in the nose, and one can decrease the dripping down the back of the throat.  This can decrease many folk's throat pain.

Enoch Choi, MD