Urgent Care Expert Forum
Worried about hand discompfort after flying

MEDICAL EMERGENCY- CALL YOUR DR. or 911! This forum is for questions and support regarding urgent care issues such as: Abscess, Angina, Animal Bites, Bronchitis, COPD, Cuts, Flu, Food Poisoning, Heart Attack, Mono, Influenza, Laceration, Nausea, Pneumonia, Rabies, Sports Injuries, Strep.

I notice after flying, my hands become tight and very painfull.  Should I be concerned?  It is not carpel as it is not a feeling of pins and needles, just unbearable pain.  I have tried all pain relievers over the counter. I put it under Sports Injuries as I do not know what is going on.
You pose a very interesting question that I am unqualified to answer. You should contact the FAA Aeromedical Branch at P.O. box 25082, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 7315. Give details on the flight, the airline and anyh other details. Describe the nature of the pain fully and your medical hisorty and provision diagnosis. You may get a bureaucratic "non-answer", but in my experience they have been exceptionally helpful in fulfilling their legislative mandate. They are always doing research to create standards to make flying in an airliner safer and more enjoyable and to identify issues and solitions to problems such as you bring up.