Urogynecology Expert Forum
Vagina swelling
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vagina swelling

When I have sex...occasionally my inner vagina lips will swell up.The left one does more then the right one and it doesnt go away for about a day or so. Me and my partner do not use condoms or any kinda of protection.(We been together for 3 years) So I was wondering wat could be the cause of this? And how can I prevent it from happening agian?
Related Discussions
242593_tn?1313867921
I would stop any lubricants if you are using any. Sounds like it may be a reaction, or possibly related to blood flow changes in the area during intercourse. This is not a usual complaint, so I recommend that you see your gyne provider the next time it develops...
7 Comments
Blank
i also have the same issue and have had symptoms of a yeast infections. did a 1 dose treatment for yeast infection last night . now i am bleeding i believe it is my period. but i am still swollen and very irritated.

any help would be appreciated
Blank
Well i havent had my period for 3 months lol so i dont think that it is my period...it may be due to excessive amounts of friction like during sex...but i still dont know...
Blank
use lubricant. this happened to me all the time and i'd be sore until i asked my doc and he said to use something.
Blank
we do use lubricant and it still doesnt help
Blank
I have had a yeast infection in the past, but nothing recent. My boyfriend and I had sex using a condom, and afterwards I became a little sore. The next day I was having the same symptoms of discharge but in large amounts that I had never seen before. I took a shower, dried off properly and the discharge stopped completely. Then I found that I was getting an extreme burning sensation. Come to find out my vagina is completely swollen now, and it's really hard to walk or do anything for that matter. I tried buying vagisil which helped a little bit, but i dont know if i should see a doctor or not.
Can you help?
Blank
My Vagina has hurt for the past 3 days and now its swelling and turnin a purplish color...its sorta itches at times....it wasnt to bad untill i got into a pool...anyone know what could be wrong? please help
Blank
A related discussion, what medicine i can use i m living in pakistan was started.
Blank
A related discussion, swelling of vagina was started.
Blank
A related discussion, yeast infections was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Swelling in vagina was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now