Urogynecology Expert Forum
Vagina swelling

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Vagina swelling
When I have sex...occasionally my inner vagina lips will swell up.The left one does more then the right one and it doesnt go away for about a day or so. Me and my partner do not use condoms or any kinda of protection.(We been together for 3 years) So I was wondering wat could be the cause of this? And how can I prevent it from happening agian?
I would stop any lubricants if you are using any. Sounds like it may be a reaction, or possibly related to blood flow changes in the area during intercourse. This is not a usual complaint, so I recommend that you see your gyne provider the next time it develops...
i also have the same issue and have had symptoms of a yeast infections. did a 1 dose treatment for yeast infection last night . now i am bleeding i believe it is my period. but i am still swollen and very irritated.

any help would be appreciated
Well i havent had my period for 3 months lol so i dont think that it is my period...it may be due to excessive amounts of friction like during sex...but i still dont know...
use lubricant. this happened to me all the time and i'd be sore until i asked my doc and he said to use something.
we do use lubricant and it still doesnt help
I have had a yeast infection in the past, but nothing recent. My boyfriend and I had sex using a condom, and afterwards I became a little sore. The next day I was having the same symptoms of discharge but in large amounts that I had never seen before. I took a shower, dried off properly and the discharge stopped completely. Then I found that I was getting an extreme burning sensation. Come to find out my vagina is completely swollen now, and it's really hard to walk or do anything for that matter. I tried buying vagisil which helped a little bit, but i dont know if i should see a doctor or not.
Can you help?
My Vagina has hurt for the past 3 days and now its swelling and turnin a purplish color...its sorta itches at times....it wasnt to bad untill i got into a pool...anyone know what could be wrong? please help
A related discussion, what medicine i can use i m living in pakistan was started.
A related discussion, swelling of vagina was started.
A related discussion, yeast infections was started.
A related discussion, Swelling in vagina was started.