Urologic Cancer Community
My dad - Age 64 - Increased PSA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urologic cancers including: Bladder Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Colon Cancer, Penis Cancer, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Testicular Cancer, Ureter Cancer.

My dad - Age 64 - Increased PSA

My dad was alright till last weekend. One fine day, he started getting some heated up urination along with body shivering and rise in temperature once in a while. We went for an immediate test and found a raise in puss levels. Once the doc started treating for the same, he wanted to confirm if that was the reason. He asked us to give a blood test and found that platlets count to be high and PSA levels to be at 73. He previously had a prostate problem which was put aside by telling that hernia op will provide a way to cure it. He had hernia operation two years back that time and now he was fine for the last two years. Does this prostate problem possess a serious threat. As far as health is concerned, he is fine now . Temperatures are normal and he doesnt get that shivering now. But my concern now is the raised PSA level . He was taking paracetamol continuously for 1 and half days. He took it even two hours before the test. He did it to stop the shivering feel before consulting the doc next day. Is that a cause for increased PSA level in blood?
Tags: PSA