Urology Community
Help with Phimosis case?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Help with Phimosis case?

I have Phimosis, and have been working on sliding the foreskin over the head, not managing it yet using the stretching techniques. Up until now i have not been sexually active as such..
Now recently i've had intercourse (or attempted), and the skin slid right back behind the head upon entering, and it caused panic, making me have to pull out without fully entering.
From what i'd read and been told, when this happens with Phimosis, the foreskin prevents blood flow? and the erection stays, meaning emergency surgery.. but in my case, after ejaculating, i was able once flaccid to slide the foreskin back with aid of lube.
My question is; does this mean it is safe for me to continue having sexual intercourse without worrying? or is there still a risk of it causing paraphimosis?

Hello effedupfido,

I do understand your problem well. Foreskin (prepuce) will not retract off of the glans (glands) during erection. This is called phimosis. After infancy the foreskin should be loose enough to be drawn back so as to completely expose the whole glans (glands) (penis head) and to be pulled forward again without pain or difficulty. In the mature youth this action should be possible with the penis erect. If it cannot be retracted at all (phimosis), washing is not possible and smegma accumulates. Phimosis in adults also makes sexual intercourse unsatisfactory and low deposition of semen in the vagina (as seman is often deposited inside the prepuce) may cause infertility. Occasionally the opening becomes so small that even urinating becomes difficult. If a tight prepuce is forcibly drawn back (e.g. during intercourse) it may become trapped behind the glans (glands) and incapable of being pulled forward again (paraphimosis). In this painful condition the foreskin strangulates the glans (glands) and emergency treatment is necessary.
Management of phimosis includes compression of the head of the penis while applying forward traction on the foreskin may reduce the paraphimosis and circumcision can be scheduled in the near future.   If the application of pressure fails to allow the foreskin to return over the glans (glands), prompt surgical intervention (circumcision) is necessary.

Best
Hi my name is Danny and im 13 years old i have recently noticed that i have got phimosis i really dont want to have circumcision so i have been doing the streching exercisis i think that it is getting closer to fully retracting but im really scared because i have seen about paraphimosis could i get paraphimosis when im in the bath streching?