Pain Rectum & Scrotum
I am a 37 year old male 6"2.

Three weeks ago I woke up with a tingling feeling in my penis. It was very weird and lasted for 1 hour. I kind of freaked out since I never had this before. When I woke up I went into the shower and what do you know once again it did it again and lasted for 1 hour. The day went by no tingling and that night my wife and I had sex and I ejaculated but was a very limp erection.

As the week progressed I was driving home from a business trip (5 hours back) and I was in very bad back pain and in the lower pelvic and groin. The pain was very bad where I had to go to the bathroom every 30 minute. No blood at all in the urine nor the stool.

I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound of the testicles and a urinalysis.. Whatya no NO sign of kidney stones and no problems with the testicles. I swore to the doc I had to have some sort of infection and he laughed it off and said it will run its course.

During the second week the pain was very bad throughout my lower pelvic area, testicles and all the way down to the rectum so I scheduled an appt with a urologist. He did a prostate check and said it wasnt swollen and checked my urine and did an ultrasound on my kidneys and prostate and no stones nor swelling. He said it sounded like prostitatus and prescrived Doxycycline.

Another week went by and I would experience my morning hard ons but sometimes when my wife pleased me the erection would stay and other times not. BUT it was an aching erection?

I immediately went back to the urologist 2 weeks later and explained the pain so he checked again and said no, problems and offered to change the Antibiotic to Levaquin. I asked him if I didnt have an infection why is he prescribing an antibiotic he said it acts as an anti-inflamitory.

I took the levaquin one day and had an reaction so I asked him to put me on the Doxycycline since I was only on it for 14 days. He agreed. My PSA test came back .5 but my testosterone was 174 which is low. He thought to put me on a harmone for my testosterone once my pain goes away (since it has nothing to do with my pain) my FSH LH, androgen, all came back fine!

I then proceeded to get a colonoscopy to make sure I didnt have rectal cancer or something wrong and all tests came back fine!

I am now going to see a Neurologist to make sure nothing within my spine is causing this?

My question is can this be Prostatitus? The pain sometimes feels like its up my rectum and I do get pain in my buttock (sciatica pain) .. The pain also radiates in my lower pelvic area. Its a throbbing pain.
Anyone have any comments?
Any advice would be helpful..
Have you ever had long periods of sex/masturbation before ejaculation? I suffer the same symptoms but atttribute them to putting too much pressure on everything by "holding off" for too long.
Comon what a joke!
I would really appreciate it if someone can respond. I have been on Doxycycline now for 4 weeks which my general pract says no more and put me on Naproxsyn. I saw a neurosergeon who said my back has nothing to do with my pain.

Yesterday my wife and i had sex and what do you know the vibrations in the penis happened again and I am getting pain in the rectum still.. Can this really be Chronic Prostatis? No bacteria at all!
Problem is, your worrying about the original symptoms could be affecting your sexual appetite, which in turn reduces erection. I'd say your problem on that side of things is stress.

As far as rectal pain and penis tingling goes. a couple of things come to mind. Firstly, you say you "woke up" to tingling in the penis, therefore could you have just slept awkwardly and hit a nerve or got a dose of "pins and needles"? Some nerves can take a long time to settle down.

The rectal pain certainly could be prostatitis, but i'm surprised they haven't also risen the possibility of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is generally harmless but can cause a catalogue of symptoms including pain, bloating, colic, cramps etc.

Your advantage is that you've had all the tests and know that you're safe. From your thread, i'd say you're trying to secong gues and scrutinise your symptoms, which in turn makes them ten times worse as they're on your mind.
Robotnik I understand what you are saying.. I defnitely dont have IBS but since last night having sex with my wife I immediately after sex started to have BIGTIME vibration through my urethra for an hour. This morning I was aching in my testicles and rectum..

The pain really is frustraing and getting worse..
I believe I have a similar problem.  Luckily it only occurs once in a while.  My symptom is a sharp pain usually located near the anus and the prostate.  Like you, it usually only happens after orgasm.  The first occurrence happened when I was about 18.  Now I'm 43 and I still get them once in a while.   It feels like I just pulled a muscle but the muscle won't relax and the pain can be strong and constant for sometimes and hour or so.  

Another maybe related symptom I'm having is that my digestion isn't working so well, in that my stool color is very pale (almost white some times).  I've recently discovered a disease called Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) in which the sphincter of the pancreas locks up and won't release bile into the digestive tract.  This sounds a lot like the problem I get some times with the muscles of the anus locking up as well.

Like you I've been diagnosed by several GI doctors as suffering from IBS.  But I know that is an umbrella term for "we just don't know, and it's not serious enough for us to do anything about it".  
Checking to see if you were able to resolve your prostate issues?  What was the outcome?
I know just how you feel, I have had the same pains, however I didnt hear that you are experiencing pain in your penis, especially after urination or ejaculation. If you do indeed have these pains then the Dr. is correct you have Chronic Prostititis. Beleive me it is very annoying and painful, I have been battling it since December and I have been on Bactrim (antibiotic) for 40 days, Celebrex for inflamation,(14 days) and nothing seems to help. Although now I am using herbal supplements, (consult you Dr. before using them) they give some relief but ther are not the cure. Im wondering myself when this will go away.
Hi, It is hard to teel what this pain can be exactly.
I have had a simmilar pain since I was about 23-24, now I'm 44. I was told that this was prostatitis. I was given antibiotics but did not get any relief from it.
Later on I used to get UTI with it requiring hospital stays.

Just over the last year I have come to discover that I have a fistula (hole) between my prostate and rectum.

Without you being seen by a doctor who is sincere about helping you, it is impossible to guess what you might have.

I have met some good doctor and some real jerks. I hope that you will find a doctor who treats you as a person and not as just another case.

Good luck,

Ron