UROLOGY
FORUM
Penis Sensitivity is at about 10%. Will it ever come back?
by fiberOne, Oct 07, 2008
This is very embarrassing but I’ve lost most of the sensitivity in my penis from masturbation. It has been this way for years but I always thought all I would have to do is leave it alone for a few weeks and it would be fine again. I’m twenty six now and in decent health but even after a week of leaving it alone I’m feeling virtually no increase in sensitivity.  I do however not feel any more pain so maybe I should take that as a good sign? In other words, at least I am seeing some results right?

The base looks completely fine but above where I was circumcised you can tell. Some days it looks just plain old gross but then on other days it looks pretty much good.  Of course, the longer I go without masterbating (which for the past say, five years has been maybe ten days) the better it looks. But recently at the end of the 10 days it doesn’t look or feel as good as it used to so I’m afraid the general health down there is getting worse.

I’m just wondering if I can get the sensitivity back to 100% or close to it. I have recently started taking a number of measures to try and help this. I put some Neosporin around where the skin is damaged. I switched to soft knit boxers (as opposed to before where I wore no underpants).  I started taking Enzyte, I know that’s not designed to heal skin, and I’m a normal size already, but I figured more circulation wouldn’t hurt.  If I kept up doing these things and stopped masturbation for a month or two would the sensitivity come back or am I doomed? Should I just become a traveling monk now?

I can have sexual intercourse and the orgasms do feel good (not as good as with healthy skin though) but I think it’s more hormones driving me than the feeling of touch.

One last note , I have sensitive skin on other parts of my body. I had very bad acne in high school (it cleared up now).  I still get razor burn though no matter what I try or do.

I really appreciate anyone reading this and trying to give an answer.
Answer:
by Stephen Liroff, MDBlank, Oct 07, 2008
From your description it sounds as though you are damaging the skin when you masturbate. This is not good. Try using a lubricant or hand cream, but certainly do not manipulate the skin until it is healed. I think that you will find that over  time sensation will improve.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Member Comments (7)
by fiberOne, Oct 07, 2008
Well that’s good, I think. I’ll give it a shot but the problem is any time sensitivity starts to return I do it again. I guess this will be in no small part a matter of willpower. Your advice will help though.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply, I really appreciate Dr. Liroff.
by fiberOne, Oct 07, 2008
*I really appreciate it Dr. Liroff.
by tegid, Oct 08, 2008
I dont know if it will help but the head of my penis gets oversensitive/undersensitive sometimes. I have not been circumcised. If you try masturbating in a different way like stroking your balls in a downward fashion with the palm of your hand. This might take the strain off your glans.
by erik82, Oct 26, 2008
Hi, I was browsing the net when I stumbled into this website.
I'm embarrassed to admit, but I have problems with over masturbation. The thing is, it doesn't have any effects on erection but i think it affected the sensitivity because it took a longer time to ejaculate when having sex. Lately I feel like I don't feel stimulated during sex and it's not psychological problems. Is there any medication to cure this dull sensitivity?
by rmprdl1964, Oct 26, 2008
Hi, It could have to do with you have been vigrously masturbating and have gotten used to this form of masterbating. I think that is similar to being in a relationship for an extended period of time. Over the years it might seem that sexual intercouse does not seem as satisfying as the first time. You might have gotten used to rough masterbation.
I do not know if it will make a difference, but you might want to try not to masturbate for a few months. You might then be able to see a difference in sensation. This would be the easiest. Should you not notice a difference in sensation, then I would think that some nerve damage might be the cause.
by Client2, Oct 28, 2008
I would recommend you see this stuff to get rid of the problem - http://pharma221.com/group.php?group_id=57.
Or this section - http://pharma221.com/group.php?group_id=152
There are some useful meds that might help. Stay healthy!
by dercow, Sep 11, 2009
A related discussion, Penis Sensitivity was started.