Urology Community
Slow Ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Slow Ejaculation

I few years ago I was at a party and had acouple beers. Soon after I had to urinate,but the bathroom was pretty busy. I must of waited 2 hours before I got into the bathroom. I was starting to pee myself, and I was trying to hold it in until I got to the toilet. When I did go it felt like my bladder was going into painful spasms. I didn't think much of it at the time,but I noticed that when I ejaculate now instead of a forceful ejaculation its more like a dripping of semen. What could be causing this problem ? I told my doctor about it and he didn't say anything. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem.
     Thanks for writing in. The most common sexual problems in men are ejaculation disorders, erectile dysfunction, and inhibited sexual desire. The most common types of ejaculation disorders are premature ejaculation, retarded or delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation refers to ejaculation that occurs before or soon after penetration. Delayed ejaculation is when ejaculation is slow to occur, like in your case. Retrograde ejaculation is when, at orgasm, the ejaculate is forced back into the bladder rather than through the urethra and out the end of the penis.
Out of all the three types, mechanism and causes of delayed ejaculation are poorly understood and its occurence is very rare. Some common causes are antidepressants, increasing age and frequent masturbation which could lead to delayed ejaculation.
There is no relation between urine retention and delayed ejaculation. I would suggest you take up a healthy life style, with balanced diet, moderate exercise, avoid caffeine and alcohol.
Consult an andrologist for further treatment.
Take care.

how about the painful ejaculations? what about the methods to cure and causes of it..any advice