Urology Community
There is a inwards dent in my penis when erected?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Is this normal?
this is going to be a little hard for me to explain.. and I don't know the terms for the different parts so bear with me,

Alongside of the back part of the penis shaft.. (NOT the front part facing towards me)
when erected there is a slight inwards dent when erected.. it's along the lines directly in the middle.
its about a centimeter long and only .5cm tall.

Also, I have trouble a lot getting and more so maintaining erections.

Please help me, I am 18 years old and this is actually terrifying

And its not so easy for me to contact a urologist and I can't bring this topic up with my parents..

Tags: penis, dent
Avatar_dr_m_tn
A slight dent in the penis on the backside is absolutely normal and thus nothing much to be worried about the same. However, if you’re having a problem with having an erection or sustaining it, then it’s definitely a concern. I suggest you to consult a physician and seek treatment based on the underlying cause for the same. The commonest causes to be ruled out are hypertension, diabetes, any neurological problem etc. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.