Urology Community
UTI and Yeast question?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

UTI and Yeast question?

I've had a UTI for 3 weeks now and been on 3 different antibiotics trying to get rid of it.  Can you tell me if you can get a yeast infection in you urinary tract?  Also, would a yeast infection cause a slightly high temp. or is it only possible for your temp. to be elavated with a bacterial infection?  Thank you
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_f_tn

During your consult, was a urine culture done?

Any pelvic or abdominal scans done ?

Fever may accompany most infections including infection of the urinary tract. However, if fever is present a kidney ( upper urinary tract) infection needs to be ruled out.

Any other associated symptoms like nausea and vomiting?
Thanks for the reply.  They did do a culture but said it would be a few days before they got it back. I did have a scan of my abdomen and it showed minimal  sludge in my galbladder, everything else looked okay.  I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection but still waiting to see if there's any other type of infection. No nausea or vomiting.  Would a yeast infection cause a high temp. or is that unlikely?  Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn

A yeast infection usually starts in the vagina and may involve the urethra. If the condition is right , the infection may ascend to the bladder and ureters. However for UTI, bacterial infections are more likely.

Have you been diagnosed with yeast infections before?

If the infection is severe ( spread to the blood), it may present with fever. However, bacteial infections are more likely to cause fever.
My doctor called today and said my urine is clear now.  But I told her I still have pain when urinating.  I was on antibiotics for a long time so I'm thinking that maybe a yeast infection that could be irritating my bladder and urethra too.  Thanks for the info, I will be see my doctor soon to confirm.  It's irritated more now than when the infection was present.