Urology Expert Forum
blood from penis when aroused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

blood from penis when aroused

i have blood from my penis when aroused usaly when ready to ejaculat after i pee couple times it disipers i have been to urolights several times taken cipro for 3 week had a scope in penis and ct scan i am 81 years old doctor has no ansure except my age also it dose not happen ever time       billy
Tags: Blood, penis
Related Discussions
438205_tn?1240962949
Hemospermia, blood in the ejaculate, is a not uncommon occurrence in sexually active males. The work-up consists of a urological physical exam and seldom is the cause found. The bleeding usually stops on it's own. What you describe is blood from your urethra BEFORE ejaculating, and may represent a different problem. It seems to me that this would be  coming from the glands along the urethra that secrete before the orgasm ('pre-***"). Your work-up seems reasonable as you describe it. I would make sure that the CAT scan included the pelvis down through the level of your rectum and I would suggest a culture of your semen as well as an evaluation of your   blood clotting mechanism (blood test).
If nothing is found, there is nothing to do  except see if it stops and get re-examined in 6 months. I do not see how age figures into it.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
2 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, Blood from penis before ejaculation was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker