Urology Expert Forum
discharge from penis for one day only

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

discharge from penis for one day only
I noticed a clear-ish discharge from my penis during the day yesterday that left a dried up area on my underwear.  At first I was concerned it was gonorrhea since I had had sex a couple of times during the previous week with more than one partner.  But overnight last night and all day today there was no discharge.  If the discharge was due to gonorrhea, wouldn't it continue at least at the same level, and possibly worsen until I got treated?  Is it possible that a discharge from gonnorhea would just disappear after one day?  In addition, I am not experiencing other common symptoms of gonorrhea, such as burning sensation during urination.  I do not masturbate extremely often, and I have noticed a discharge of pre-*** fairly often when I have a bowel movement, but I haven't noticed this causing a stain on my underwear before.

I understand that the safest thing would be to get tested for gonorrhea, or just get treated as if I have it, but I'm just trying to find out whether if you experience a discharge that is due to gonorrhea, will it always continue until treatment, or is it possible the discharge would appear once and then stop.  If it isn't possible that it would only happen once, then I'm pretty sure I don't have gonorrhea.

Thank you for your time.
There are infections other than gonorrhea that may be causing your symptoms.  This can include chlamydia, a UTI, or prostatitis.

The presence of gonorrhea or chlamydia can be tested via urethral swab or urine tests.  

Prostatitis can be evaluated via a digital rectal exam and sending any prostatic fluid off for analysis and culture.

If the discharge was caused by gonorrhea, the course can vary, but it is unlikely to improve without treatment.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
0
I think you need this.
A related discussion, Penile Discharge?? was started.