Urology Expert Forum
jelly like substance in sperm

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

jelly like substance in sperm
there is a jelly like substance in my boyfriends sperm. What does that mean? will i ever be able to get pregnant??
Semen usually has a jelly like consistency immediately after ejaculation. This then liquefies after several minutes. The speed with which this occurs is part of a semen analysis. Unless the liquefaction time is elevated, this normal process should not, in itself, affect fertility.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition.
I used to have a clear jelly like substance in my ejaculate, especially the latter portion of it, it's gone since I started  taking dutastaride, which is a drug which is a prostate reducer.  I assume the jelly stuff is due to an 'overactive' prostate gland.
im 16, and when my girlfriend gets me off, sometimes i feel a sharp pain in my penis like pressure building when i ejaculate.its an uncomforable feeling and hurts a lot but only for a split second. my semens usually clear with some jelly like lumps in it. i think the lumps are causing the pain, and i dont think its normal. i dont want to bring it up to my parents for obvious reasons, but is it anything i should be worried about? does anyone know what could be causing this and how to stop it?

an answer would be great lol
thanks
A related discussion, Painful Ejaculation was started.
A related discussion, Yellowish jelly was started.
A related discussion, Jelly Like Sperm was started.