Weight Loss & Dieting Community
265 to 145 in 6 months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

265 to 145 in 6 months

I have tried every diet imagined I even had the gastric bypass and went from 320 to 190 in  one year. I started gaining the weight back and my dr said there's nothing wrong  with the procedure because everything is still intact. I am desperate I need to lose this weight because I don't feel healthy someone suggested increasing my exercise and eating 1200 calories.  I'm willing to try it but would live some support. Any volunteers?
Hi!
Well, even if you had gastric bypass and are not eating healthy and exercising as per your body’s need, you can gain weight. To maintain a healthy weight there should be a balance between the calorie intake and the calories burnt. To lose weight, you should burn more calories than what you take in.
You should consult a dietician and access your calorie needs according to your body structure, height, waist etc. The dietician can help you prepare a diet chart and give your food and portion options.  Then you need to consult a trainer to find out what exercises you can do to burn more calories than your requirement. This you need to slowly build up into your routine. Also, you need to find out whether you have anemia or electrolyte imbalance (this can cause weight gain by water retention). Diabetes and hypothyroidism too can cause weight increase and hence should be investigated for. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!