Comfort Foods............
Comfort foods are those that make us feel good, whether we are depressed, anxious, happy, sad; certain types of food help us deal with those issues/cravings.  

We all have our favorite comfort foods, ranging from mashed potatoes to macaroni and cheese; fried chicken to a thick, juicy steak; chocolate to cheesecake - you name it, it's a comfort food for someone.

Can we have our comfort foods and still maintain a healthy diet?  I believe we can.  Two ways to do that are by changing to ingredients that will make our favorite foods more diet friendly; and by portion control.

I've already committed in another thread, to implement the portion control; now I'm looking for good recipes that will allow us to have the foods we really like, without completely breaking the diet.  

Your recipe can be for anything you like; would be nice if we could get some that are for "single servings" to help some of us, who are the only one in the house who needs to lose weight -- yeah, that's me; my husband is skinny as a rail, so he can eat whatever he wants.  I, personally, am looking for recipes that would make a quick, easy dinner when I get home from work.  

Please be specific with amounts, methods or other instructions, when posting.  

Feel free to post whatever recipe(s) you have to this thread, but please limit each post to only one recipe.  

I hope we can get a lot of participation with this.

bump
I love hot chocolate, but I don't love the calories or the expense of buying sugar free hot chocolate.

So here's my Hardcore Hot Chocolate recipe.

One tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (the kind you get in the cooking section without sugar) = 10 calories
One tablespoon of nonfat dry milk = 15 calories
One packet of non-calorie sweetener = 0 calories
One cup of hot water = 0 calories

You can double the amount of cocoa and dry milk if you wish, for a thicker hot chocolate, which would make it 50 calories total.

I usually add light whip cream, about 40 calories worth, if I want to indulge.

If you're wary of non-calorie sweeteners, you can always substitute with sugar. There are 15 calories in a teaspoon of sugar, so add accordingly.
Wow, I like that one, because, while I'm not a big chocolate lover, I like hot chocolate!

I might recommend that the non calorie sweetener could be Stevia, which is actually sweeter than sugar, has inulin fiber and no calories............

This, for sure, goes into my recipe box, and the Hershey Special Dark Cocoa powder goes on the grocery list; I have everything else...............

thanks........ got any more?