Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Do I need to weigh myself??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Do I need to weigh myself??

I went ahead and set up the weight tracker on here.  But, is it more of a personal choice if I want to weigh myself every week?? Is there a benefit to this or could I just do it once a month?  Just didn't know if there was a specific reason for me to weigh every week??
It just depends on you and what works for you! Some peeps go by the tape measure some go by their clothes its whatever you think is working! Me personally yes i weigh twice a week but i like feeling like im charge and i love to know where i stand! The clothes and tape measure does not do it for me!!
I weigh daily as it motivates me and keeps me focused on my goal.

Most people weigh weekly

Monthly is fine

It all depends on your ability to stick to your plan and to know if it is working for you :)
Hi!  It certainly IS a personal choice.  You don't have to post your weight on here, even if you weigh yourself daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever.

"They" used to say you should only weigh yourself once/week.  Now, studies have come out that say daily weighing is good because you can catch trends sooner and nip them in the bud.  I am a bit obsessive/compulsive about my weight and I DO weigh myself daily, but I only post it in MY OWN book once per month because I also do my measurements then.  For the MH FUN, I am posting weekly because we have the weekly weigh-in.

If weighing once per month is more encouraging to you - BY ALL MEANS, THESE ARE YOUR TOOLS!  Use them to your advantage.

(Barb, I was looking at your screen, I bet.  She's such a baby.  That's what she's going to say!)
What twehner5 said!!  She does look at my screen all the time, then hurries to make the post before I have a chance.  Sounds like this one gave her a guilty conscience!

Anyway, I weigh daily also, but it is certainly your personal choice.