Extreme sudden weight loss for no reason!? Please reply ASAP!
Hello! I'm 18 years old and I'm a male. My girlfriend is 18 years old as well. This post is about my girlfriend. She has told me how she was 130 pounds freshman year of high school ( 4 years ago) and now that she's older she's gotten to as low as 115 and she is very skinny and has a flat stomach with little curves. She is not anorexic skinny but definitely skinny for a girl especially compared to what she used to look like in pictures years ago. She says she does not exercise at all nor diet and even try's to eat more to re gain her weight but can't. She's said she's gotten blood tests done by docs and everything came back normal she claims she's fine. But we all know this is not normal to happen for no reason. Or is it??? I'm concerned for my girlfriend and also, am I at risk or in danger of contracting whatever could be causing her to lose weight if it is an underlying illness? I have already kissed her quite a bit. I just want a reasonable idea of what could be going on with her and to ensure that she's safe as well as me thank you!!! P.s her family thought she was starving herself and she got upset by it and tells me how she wishes she had her body back.
Sounds like your girlfriend might have an autoimmune disease called Graves Disease.  I'd have to know what blood tests she had in order to know whether she was tested adequately or not.. Graves Disease causes hyperthyroidism, whose primary symptom is weight loss.

Another possibility is diabetes, but it would depend on how long she's had the weight loss issue.  If it's very long, she'd have other symptoms of diabetes.  

A lot of people who actually have eating disorders insist that they don't and that they don't want to be that thin, but in reality, they really do want to be that thin.  My daughter had an eating disorder, but for years, insisted that she didn't.  

Of the three things I've mentioned, hyperthyroidism, diabetes or eating disorder (doesn't have to be anorexia) are any threat to anyone, but your girlfriend.  

Does this mean I could contract Graves' disease or anything from her? Or is this all something that is non contagious?