Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Hey guys

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Hey guys

I'm 17 bout 5'3 I weigh about 125 my normal weight has always been 110 ive never really worked out or dieted and I need to lose the winter chub before summer my dead line would be June 30th. :( any suggestions ?
For 10 days cut the sugar , even complex carbs. NO CHEATING. no alcohol, coffee . You can use 100% Stevia Leaf if you have a sweet tooth. No fruits Either. Only green apple. Drink Alkaline water, and walk 20 min a day. Read all the labels for sugar and carb content. And of course no processed foods. It is designed to clean access sugar from your body so that it will come to a start point. While you are doing it , your body is borrowing it from your fat that which is the access sugar (energy stored as fat since it was more than it needed, and it wasn't used). And no food after 6pm. Make a rule of this one. When you are done with your 10 days no sugar, you can start eating complex carbs. Meaning (no white starches, pasta, rice) Trader Joe has Sprouted bread. And if you can do green juicing that would be even better.
I hope this will work for you :)

You mentioned " green juicing". What are the components of the
green juice you mean ? Do you need a juicer or could you use a blender?
Thanks, Eve
I agree with cutting sugar, but not just for 10 days..... sugar should be eliminated from your diet.  

I do not recommend eliminating complex carbs.  That's our dietary fiber, that aids in digestion and helps keep us fuller for longer periods.

This sounds like a very severe diet that will not keep pounds off, once normal eating is resumed.
Both will work. For green juice recipes I can recommend www.juiceman.com and www.hungryforchange.com , both sites are very informative and have great juice recipes and diet programs you can join for free. :)
As you can see she would like to loose weight in a short time. And it is as extreme as when you load your body with sugar in a short period of time. This diet is designed to clean your body of and excess sugar , that is why you don't consume sugar (even complex) for 10 days , so your body can borrow it from the stored excess sugar (fat) in your body. Even the green vegetables have carbs. Almost everything has carbs in it. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months and was feeling healthy and energised, and great. Of course this might not be for everyone (such us people who have blood sugar problems). And "yes" after 10 days of no sugar , you should make it a lifestyle not to use simple sugars. :)