Weight Loss & Dieting Community
I want to lose weight but i cant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I want to lose weight but i cant

Hi iam natalia i'm 17 year old . My weigh is 68 kg and my length is 165cm  . I feel i am over weigh and so i want to lose some weight to be 55kg but i cant lose it would you please advice me wt to do and help me ... Alot of thanx
Hi!
If you are eating right and exercising and not losing weight then you need to find out the cause for this. Usually there is some underlying disease such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, polycystic ovary, anemia etc. Treating these will help you lose weight.
If you are not exercising and eating right, then please start this. If you want to lose weight, then you must do it the scientific way for long term benefits, healthy glow, and a good physique and body. People who are successful in losing weight and maintaining it are the ones who make lifestyle changes which are acceptable to them, their palate and their working style. To do this you must look for healthier cooking options for meals you love, and slowly cut down on the fat in it so as to not irritate your taste buds much.
It's best to join a nutrition expert and a physical trainer and follow their advice. Incorporating yoga into this regimen takes stress out of this exercise to lose weight. Also the diet should contain more of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein and less of spaghetti, potato etc.  I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Also, you need to exercise regularly. You need to start slow and then build up stamina as the days progress. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a gym. If that is not possible, try building exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Buddy system also helps. You can find a friend either in neighbourhood or online with similar weight loss targets. Thereafter you can either exercise together, or discuss recipes, exchange notes and generally motivate each other. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.